blong10

Apr 9, 2014
New Castle
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD2, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Garrett AT PRO,
X-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was looking to upgrade my metal detector and I wanted to know if the Garrett at pro is a good choice. Does anyone know how good the depth is on these things. I recently watched a video on YouTube that a guy could not hit a half dollar at 8" .

And can anyone tell me if it has any pros. And cons. I just want to make a good purchase and not be disappointed with my purchase.

Upvote 0

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The ace350 and the at pro are almost the same machine without a couple of bells and whistles when it comes to the audio setting ....nothing ive seen from the at pro shows me its better or worse then the 350 only difference would be the audio and its water proof end of story

chopperdog

May 18, 2014
Indianapolis, IN
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO / Minelab X-Terra 705 /Minelab 505 / XP Deus / Makro Racer 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I love the AT PRO. I have owned a lot of high end detectors that did no better. The AT is easy to learn, (use the Pro mode), and will hit hard on coins and relics. Numbers are pretty consistent, depth is good, sounds are easy on the ears, and very learnable. --- I put a NEL Sharpshooter 5.5x9 coil on mine, and have been very happy with it. Depth as good or better than the stock coil, better pinpointing, and trash separation. For the money, I do not think it can be beat. A MUCH better detector than the Ace series. Much better. I run mi8ne wide open, Zero disc. I dig very little trash. The tone roll feature and iron audio really help to pick the finds from the junk. --- Good luck in whatever you decide.

Last edited:

grizzly72us

May 24, 2014
Montana
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT gold
Mine lab safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have had a AT pro Gold for about a month. Its my first detector. I don't have a lot of experience, however I have found a lot of coins down 6 to 8 inches. Garrett makes a 8.5x11 coil which adds a little weight. But if you want more depth that is the way to go. The AT Pro gold is easy to operate. The 5x8 coil works good in junk or brushy areas. Good luck!

Jeremy S

Feb 27, 2012
God's Country
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 250, AT Pro, Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The AT Pro is a great detector. It'll find deep targets, you just have to listen for them! In pro mode they will be faint high tones that are not always repeatable, some times won't even have a VDI just a tone.

It takes time to really learn and get good with it. I've had mine nearly two years and am still learning new ways to use it and how to tweak the settings for different hunting scenarios.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions