Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I have been asked about 3 detectors by a friend.. He is to buy a detector and is looking at the ..Garrett AT Pro .it is the only one i can tell him about for i had one..The other 2 i have never used .. The Fisher F70 and a new old stock Whites DFX .. Any one want to give him some info … Like i told him they all do the same thing find metal.. As the name says …Metal Detector..

Upvote 0

happycamper08

Sep 27, 2011
Maine
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Racer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't say anything about the F70 because all I know is what I have seen on forums. I have had an at pro and a DFX and the DFX is way more machine. If your buddy won't put the time into learning it than I would go with the at pro. But if he is serious about the hobby and is willing to learn how to use the DFX it is a much more versatile machine.

deadeye 22250

Jan 23, 2014
north central Oh
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, DFX, AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The AT PRO is easier to learn than the DFX or F70. But the only advantage it has, is it can get wet.

OP
OP
Keppy

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes i let him use the AT and i did have a XLT and it was a good detector… But never used a DFX or a F70 so i can not tell him about them..

rainyday101

Dec 1, 2012
Peshtigo, Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Silver uMax, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Keppy, ask them guys on the Fisher forum about the F70. There seems to be a fair amount of them using it successfully. Also on that other big forum, in the Fisher section, there is a great bunch of guys using them and doing really well. I have looked real hard at buying one, talked to users, read forums, asked questions. What I got from them: She is a depth demon, can be a bit chatty but even turned down is still deep, has super fast recovery, can store two programs, easy to use interface. That being said, if it is his first detector, it might be too much for him to tame a chatty machine. Just my 2 cents. Someday I will buy one.

OP
OP
Keppy

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Rainyday. Yes it could be just like the DFX could be to much also . But he is not as old as me and he still has time to learn a detector.. :laughing9:

rainyday101

Dec 1, 2012
Peshtigo, Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Silver uMax, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Keppy, there is no such thing as being too old to have time to learn a detector. As long as you wake up in the morning- you got time! Seriously though I agree the DFX like the F70 will have a learning curve that might be steep enough to turn him off to metal detecting. In this case the AT Pro might be the best choice for him. Maybe even an Omega, F4, Xtera 305, or Cibola.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread