Greenie
Jan 15, 2014
Oakville, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Mine Lab CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He'll all,
I'm new to this site and new to metal detecting and I want to share this story.

Back in January of this year I decided to get into this fascinating hobby and I purchased a new CTX3030. I have a small commercial property in Oakville ON and a few weeks ago I decided to try it out there. Well, to my surprise I found a penny, 2 dimes and a nickel amongst some trash too. I had the opportunity to detect on my property again yesterday and after an hour or so I dug up a beautiful 10k gold Masonic ring. I was shocked to say the least!!!

Upvote 0

Hot zone

Bronze Member
Apr 26, 2012
Clark County Washington
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark 8" coil, vaquero 8"x9" and 5.75" WS, clean sweep coil, Gray ghost deep woods headphones

Whites TRX pointer
, Garrett gold stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome egghead! I have been at it for some time and still no gold ring... Perhaps I should check my own yard a little closer! Congrats on your find and for finding this great hobbie!

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Tnet! Nice find on the ring! The detective work finding the person who lost it can be a lot of fun too. Good Luck!

OP
OP
Egghead

Egghead

Greenie
Jan 15, 2014
Oakville, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Mine Lab CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will upload a pic as soon as I figure how to do it. I'm using an ipad and might have to do it from a PC. Sent from my iPad using TreasureNet

image-1088928537.jpg

Found 5" deep.

Sent from my iPad using TreasureNet

OP
OP
Egghead

Egghead

Greenie
Jan 15, 2014
Oakville, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Mine Lab CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome egghead! I have been at it for some time and still no gold ring... Perhaps I should check my own yard a little closer! Congrats on your find and for finding this great hobbie!
Thanks for the encouragement. Much appreciated.

OP
OP
Egghead

Egghead

Greenie
Jan 15, 2014
Oakville, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Mine Lab CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Tnet! Nice find on the ring! The detective work finding the person who lost it can be a lot of fun too. Good Luck!
Thank you.

We have a Mason Chapter in Oakville and I am going to contact someone there regarding this. I am fascinated about local history and that was a big attraction to the hobby of metal detecting for me.

OP
OP
Egghead

Egghead

Greenie
Jan 15, 2014
Oakville, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Mine Lab CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks. The biggest challenge is finding the time to metal detect between running a business, home life and weather conditions.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to T Net and detecting!
Great finds you are making as a newbie. Congrats!

If you posted your pic from your I Pad can you explain how you did it? I have I Pad mini and don't know how to post pics!

BDinutah

Feb 15, 2014
Dixie Desert
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705; Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on the ring find & welcome to the forum, just a word of caution...this hobby is very addictive, but don't ya love it??? .'-)

OP
OP
Egghead

Egghead

Greenie
Jan 15, 2014
Oakville, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Mine Lab CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to T Net and detecting! Great finds you are making as a newbie. Congrats! If you posted your pic from your I Pad can you explain how you did it? I have I Pad mini and don't know how to post pics!
After you hit the quote tab you will see a tab called advanced. Push the advanced tab and go from the options there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread