"DIGGERS"

hightonehunter

Oct 21, 2013
Louisville, Kentucky
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Elite 2200( First Texas ), Garrett pro pointer,
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I know a lot of people on here bash the show Diggers, so I thought I share a positive aspect of the show with you. My 11 year old great nephew was staying with us this past weekend. Saturday morning we were sitting in the living room, he was absorbed in a hand held game as usual and I turned on the TV and started a recorded episode of Diggers. As soon as KG and Ringy started their craziness his eyes went straight to the television and he forgot about the game. I started talking about metal detecting to him and then showed him all the stuff I had found so far. We ended up watching 4 episodes then I took him to the local high school and let him run the detector and showed him how to dig and explained the code of ethics to him. When we got back he called his mom and dad all excited about it and talked to them about getting him a detector! We didn't find a lot but enough and he was thrilled when I told him to take it home with him. Diggers might not be the best show for adults but the young ones love all the silliness of KG and Ringy and that's a GREAT thing! HH.......................David

Upvote 0

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
The internet is anonymous place where people who dislike something can demean or bash someone or something with impunity.

I'm glad your going to spend some quality time that doesn't include the electronic game zombie training. Get outside and have a blast. My grandsons have the best fun finding treasures. They fuss at each other over who's pull tab or bottle cap this one is.

My grandsons have their own detectors now.

Get up, go out, and enjoy.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The haters don't like to hear stuff like this and they will overlook it.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Awesome! A positive "Diggers" experience we all can enjoy! Your nephew will have a blast!

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Diggers has value as a kid's show - great.

Still hate it! :laughing7:

Silver Simon

Mar 17, 2013
Coldwater Michigan
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for that story, hightonehunter. I don't care if "Diggers" aggravates 100 grumpy old men, as long as it makes a positive difference in one person's life, it's all worth it. And apparently "Diggers" threads contain too much juicy nectar, because people who don't like the show are always compelled to click on the thread and remind everyone that Bobby Boucher's momma thinks "Diggers" is da devil.

Dice414

Mar 3, 2014
Louisiana
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We ended up watching 4 episodes then I took him to the local high school and let him run the detector and showed him how to dig and explained the code of ethics to him. When we got back he called his mom and dad all excited about it and talked to them about getting him a detector![/QUOTE said:
In previous ( Diggers Threads ) people said how harmful Diggers was to the hobby. I think it's an uplifting!

Muddyhandz

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2012
In da bush
Detector(s) used
Fisher's 1266X, 1270X & 1280X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Why should this matter? Some like the show, others don't.

It doesn't change how you enjoy the show if strangers on the internet don't like it. Right?

You could make thread after thread of how you enjoy headcheese and still that will never bring me to try eating it again! Yuck!

I've got no problem with you. I just think you should let the "haters" go and keep doing what you love doing. :icon_thumright:

I enjoyed the OP's story here. I think that's great!

It comes as no surprise that kids would love this show.

Maybe they should air it on Saturday morning with all the cartoons? :dontknow:

Instead of "Christmas is for kids" maybe "Diggers is for kids?"

No offense to the adults here. Once in awhile I like to watch Bugs Bunny or Flintstones for old times sake.

Cheers,
Dave.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It doesn't matter. What you think doesn't matter...what I think doesn't matter...nothing matters. Ive got no problem with you. I just think you should let the "lovers" go and keep doing what you love doing. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread