Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I started when I was 14 then cars, girls and alcohol showed up and it took me 20 years to get back into the swing. Lol

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are other young MD'ers on here. Maybe they will contact you.

blong10

Apr 9, 2014
New Castle
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD2, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Garrett AT PRO,
X-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi hersheyblitz55; The reason you are not out partying like others is because it tells me and everyone else here that your a young man with a good head on your shoulders and you realize that you don't need the FALSE sense of security and enjoyment to make your day an enjoyable one. From me others here to you, We are proud of you. You have a whole future ahead of you ok so go and explore it with gusto. Don't worry. Guys like you do and will meet like minded girls who are pretty and smart as well. I know, I married one ok. Congratulations to you for avoiding one of Lifes major pitfalls ok. Feel free to PM me any time ok. Now get out there and dig with true Pride ok.
By the way, there are a LOT of folks here that are your age ok. Don't forget to Post the Pictures. PEACE:RONB :headbang:

OP
OP
hersheyblitz55

hersheyblitz55

Greenie
May 1, 2014
Hershey/Hummelstown
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 250
Garret ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi hersheyblitz55; The reason you are not out partying like others is because it tells me and everyone else here that your a young man with a good head on your shoulders and you realize that you don't need the FALSE sense of security and enjoyment to make your day an enjoyable one. From me others here to you, We are proud of you. You have a whole future ahead of you ok so go and explore it with gusto. Don't worry. Guys like you do and will meet like minded girls who are pretty and smart as well. I know, I married one ok. Congratulations to you for avoiding one of Lifes major pitfalls ok. Feel free to PM me any time ok. Now get out there and dig with true Pride ok.
By the way, there are a LOT of folks here that are your age ok. Don't forget to Post the Pictures. PEACE:RONB :headbang:

Thank you very much! I don't think I will ever give this up. That put a lot of good thoughts in my head. Thanks for the advice.:icon_thumright:

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome to the forum Hersheyblitz! It's awesome you want to hunt instead of Party!
The real party starts when you are out in nature, in the now, doing something you love to do!
It doesn't get too much better than that!
Best of luck!

mike crash

Greenie
Apr 11, 2014
I'm 16....... At hart. If you ask my wife!! Anyway. Good for you. Do what you like to do. Not what others expect you to do. I'm really 47 and a lot of people think I'm crazy to be out swinging. ( md). I find it's like fishing. You never know what your gonna find. That's the thrill of the hunt!!! Only started a couple of months ago. Wish I started at your age. Good luck

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good for you. Detecting is a much better hobby than many others i can think of. My 15 yr old grandson loves detecting but he can't drive yet so he usually goes with me.

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi hersheyblitz; The other thing is a question. How many of your friends who are partying can say they found a Colonial Coin or a gold ring or found something from the Civil War??? Keep at it and all these things will be yours as you grow in this great hobby ok. Think about it. I started when I was 11 years old and I've been detecting for 45 years now and I have done it all literally. I've found gold, I dove on shipwrecks, I've found many great things over the years but the best Treasure I have, and you will to in time, is a Peace of Mind. The memories you'll have will be your greatest treasure. Best Wishes. Keep the Posts coming ok. PEACE:RONB

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To detecting pro and blong 10; The same goes for you guys as well. We here at TNet are proud of you guys and ALL of the young folks who come here. We here look forward to helping you guys any way we can. Your in the right place. PEACE:RONB

Molon Labe

Feb 4, 2014
PA
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im 18 but I sure love me a good party! (Just soda of course). I think I've found a healthy balance of personal hobbies but still going out and having a good weekend

blong10

Apr 9, 2014
New Castle
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD2, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Garrett AT PRO,
X-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To detecting pro and blong 10; The same goes for you guys as well. We here at TNet are proud of you guys and ALL of the young folks who come here. We here look forward to helping you guys any way we can. Your in the right place. PEACE:RONB

Thank you for the kind words. My grandpa actually got me into this hobby 3 years ago.

MT_Joe

Feb 22, 2013
Ferndale, Montana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
Other
My grand-daughter is 8. You guys are old compared to her!

lilydetecting.jpg

OP
OP
hersheyblitz55

hersheyblitz55

Greenie
May 1, 2014
Hershey/Hummelstown
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 250
Garret ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi hersheyblitz; The other thing is a question. How many of your friends who are partying can say they found a Colonial Coin or a gold ring or found something from the Civil War??? Keep at it and all these things will be yours as you grow in this great hobby ok. Think about it. I started when I was 11 years old and I've been detecting for 45 years now and I have done it all literally. I've found gold, I dove on shipwrecks, I've found many great things over the years but the best Treasure I have, and you will to in time, is a Peace of Mind. The memories you'll have will be your greatest treasure. Best Wishes. Keep the Posts coming ok. PEACE:RONB

That's so true!! I really hope I have the opportunity to do that one day! That just sounds amazing.(:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread