What detector for $150-250 - Chime in please

Featherdfishead

Apr 4, 2014
Callahan-ScottValley-Salmon River, Ca
Detector(s) used
Primarily Minelab SDC 2300
and Gold Bug Pro with NEL Sharpshooter, Grey Ghost Phones, an EzSluice, a good Pan, various Diggn Tools, and a Good'Ol Dog or Two
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thinking of buying a detector for my wife this summer, unsure which to consider. I prospect so shed be doing some of this with me but would likely relic and coin shoot more often. Fishers f2 looks like a good bang for the buck. Haven't researched much want to hear from some people about their machines and experiences.
Thank You
Happy Days!-Happy Hunting!
AJR

Upvote 0

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would buy a higher end detector used on EBay from a reputable dealer.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For a budget of $250 if ur goin new I'd also recommend
Tek euro pro
Fisher f2 because both have options that higher end ones also have so they will prepare you for future upgrades, but don't rule out you can find new/slightly used mid range or level machines that were bought that people are selling for they just didn't click with still under warranty for a fraction of the new price

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Second the Eurotek Pro! Best machine in its price range period.

lostbaja

Apr 14, 2014
Decatur, AL
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax + Tesoro Bandido II uMax + Tesoro Vaquero + Tesoro Deleon + BH Tracker IV housed in a Pop Tart box
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Anything used! That boosts the "bang for the buck" through the roof!

BcuttinPlugs

Mar 6, 2014
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro/fisher f2 garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty much what most people said. I have the f2 which trust me it does an amazing job. I vote f2 if ur buying new. On the other hand if u can find something "better" used then maybe jump on it but be alil more weary when buying used. It's pretty much that simple. Btw my opinion ace 250 vs f2 .. F2 wins

supertraq

May 8, 2014
Pcola fl
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz6a,,,Fisher cz-20,,,,Teknetics gamma 6000,,"Tek Eurotek pro ,,Fisher gold bug s.e 2.9er,,Tek T2 ltd se,,Tek T2+,,Minelab Vanquish 540 and 340 and a new Nokta Legend and Garret Infinium
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
One more ace 250

BcuttinPlugs

Mar 6, 2014
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's just gonna be one big argument! Haha every time someone asks about what detector to get. I don't wanna start n angry argument but as I stated before f2 would be my choice ppl say the eurotek but that's the same thing as the f2 the ace isa very good detector as well so don't think u can go wrong. Finally the compadre well nothing bad to say. I think it might b the deepest but don't quote me. It just doesn't seem like a wife would like it.

BcuttinPlugs

Mar 6, 2014
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's just gonna be one big argument! Haha every time someone asks about what detector to get. I don't wanna start n angry argument but as I stated before f2 would be my choice ppl say the eurotek but that's the same thing as the f2 the ace isa very good detector as well so don't think u can go wrong. Finally the compadre well nothing bad to say. I think it might b the deepest but don't quote me. It just doesn't seem like a wife would like it.

*wouldnt... Like a wife wouldn't like it

crazy4coins

Jul 9, 2013
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Teknetics EuroTek Pro PERIOD

EuroTek Pro > F2 > Tesoro Compadre IMO > ace 350/250

OP
OP
Featherdfishead

Featherdfishead

Apr 4, 2014
Callahan-ScottValley-Salmon River, Ca
Detector(s) used
Primarily Minelab SDC 2300
and Gold Bug Pro with NEL Sharpshooter, Grey Ghost Phones, an EzSluice, a good Pan, various Diggn Tools, and a Good'Ol Dog or Two
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It'll still be awhile before I buy for the wife, she wants a pool for the kids before a detector. But I started out thinking the F2 and have checked out the Eurotec Pro and like it very much also. I've been loving my Gold Bug Pro so much I cant say i'm not biased tword the Fisher machines. Also the Time Ranger looks good as a second/backup machine for the price.
Thanks to everyone for chiming in i'll update when my wife advances from a detectorists assistant (AKA Digger) to a detectorist herself.
Ajr

Rik601

Oct 23, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dude get her a BH Pioneer 505 my really kicks but for not a lot of dollars and they are light and simple to use , I found a smashed hub cap at almost 3 feet deep with mine in all metal mode in highly mineralized soil black sands hot rocks and just to make sure I wasn't off my meds I checked it with my Whites TDI , the signal I received from my BH was very strong and the Time Ranger is on sale at Amazon.co too, I picked mine up for $160 they use to be $659 both good machines !!!

rainyday101

Dec 1, 2012
Peshtigo, Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Silver uMax, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Fisher F2 and Eurotek, Teknetics Alpha, Garrett Ace, Tesoro Compadre or Silver uMax, Whites Coinmaster. All will have good and bad to say about each of them. Do some research, see which fits your style best, and GO FOR IT!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions