Jesse James

Mar 14, 2012
Lancaster County, PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't hear much about this machine. For me, it was a much needed improvement only being my 2nd detector. I've been hunting now for about 5 yrs. learning about equipment as I've progressed. Purchased my Garrett Pro pinpointer last summer. I can't see how I ever went without one. My first shitty Bounty Hunter cost me $99. I purchased my Bounty Hunter Gold for around $280. Although it took a bit to tell me it's secrets, I love what it tells me now. I'm curious if anyone has had any experience with this lower grade model.

Upvote 0

Bucketfreak317

Feb 3, 2014
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 305 Whites BH
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm not into putting brands down after being out of the hobby for a couple decades I decided to get back into it again after learning much of what I've read from others,woman booze and other things aren't what their cracked up to be :-)
So I purchased a bounty hunter it was or seemed quite a ways from the old VU meter types I once used but the thing was so noisy that I sent it back and decided that these modern detectors weren't all the manufacturers claim them to be and in a way I'm starting to see their still not.
Now I'm using a mine lab and its sort of eah on the other hand I'm using the bounty hunter pin pointer and have no real complaints with it it manages to find the target if my detector is accurate enough which in most cases its not in pin pointer mode which when it reaches the highest pith telling you its directly over the target it will be 2 to 3 inches away from the center of the coil?
Anyhow the problem I had with my bounty hunter detector which was the quick draw if memory serves me right was too much iron in the soil where I live.
All I can say is if it works for you then all is right with the world.
GL&HH may there always be gold under the coil of you MD.

Hot zone

Bronze Member
Apr 26, 2012
Clark County Washington
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark 8" coil, vaquero 8"x9" and 5.75" WS, clean sweep coil, Gray ghost deep woods headphones

Whites TRX pointer
, Garrett gold stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never used a bounty hunter... Not impressed with minelab... Love Tesoro... The silent search blanks out or clips all but large iron... One of those large iron targets turned out to be old horse shoe today... Now with all that new luck, I can't wait until tomorrow... Good luck with your hunting!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread