Questions for very experienced users?

neo

Jul 15, 2013
Hickory NC
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What tips would u give to someone new and any books about lost treasure hunting that you would recommend, and when it comes to buried money near an old home is there a place it most likely is? I've read a few things many ppl say in old fence post holes near bedroom windows and under cedar or oak trees has this turned out to be true?

Upvote 0

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Depends on what type of caches you want to go after. Your best chance to actually find one is to go after ones that were not so well known or written about in books. Just about everybody hides money, have you every put any away? We all do it, and if something happens to the person that hid it before it is recovered and no one is told about it, the cache becomes lost. Sometimes it's a large cache but most often it's $100. and under, but if that it is in silver or gold coins it can be a lot more valuable.
Books on cache hunting by Glenn Carson, Karl Von Muller, Charles Garrett are all good. There are many others also.
They describe how to go about finding info on caches that may be in your own area.
I can list some of the titles later when I get home.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also check out the treasure forum just above this one, it lists "cache hunting", there would be some people on there that have lots of info.

OP
OP
neo

neo

Jul 15, 2013
Hickory NC
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hopefully a mod can move this thread to that forum.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread