AT PRO BATTERY HOLDER SOURCE

tcornel

Aug 11, 2011
NE Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, 17" & 6" coils, Equinox 800, Propointer AT, Stealth 920i, Lesche Sampson and digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nothing is more frustrating than having that holder's end snap off while changing batteries, especially in the field.

I have purchased replacements for prices ranging from 3 to 8 dollars from several sources.

Most recently I went to Jameco Electronics web site http://www.jameco.com
and purchased 15 of these things for grand total of 14.27, delivered! :headbang: Part # 2191883

Now i have them everywhere. Several in my vehicle, some on my workbench, some at my second home
and several to spare.

Sure beats a large retailer that lists them for 9.95, on sale for 5.00!

Upvote 0

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thought I saw on a forum, to be careful of these, something about different length or something? not sure. I ordered three from "the large retailer" , small price to pay, not to have your day ruined, by not having a $5 part for your $600 toy!! Just sayin I changed a lot of batteries last year and never dropped one.

Last edited:

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They really dropped the ball when they made the at pro so cheap the battery pack design is terrible i read many people with problems and myself have a broken battery pack....

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I agree Dusty The coil / headphone connections and the battery pack, leave a little to be desired!
They really dropped the ball when they made the at pro so cheap the battery pack design is terrible i read many people with problems and myself have a broken battery pack....

OP
OP
T

tcornel

Aug 11, 2011
NE Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, 17" & 6" coils, Equinox 800, Propointer AT, Stealth 920i, Lesche Sampson and digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I compared length and there is about a 1/32 difference, well within the ability of the spring to adjust. If anything the Jameco ones were a little heavier on the
ends. They seem to work just fine.

Most electronic parts come from a relatively few factories. It is the distribution channel that sets the pricing.

I can go to Radio Shack and pick up an HDMI cable for my TV for 30 or so. Beautiful packaging and works well.
Or I can get an HDMI cable online for about 3 delivered from overseas.

When I had an indoor sports center the JUGS balls for the machines were about 3 times more expensive than "generic".
When I got the generic there would be balls stamped JUGS mixed in.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions