Help again pinpointers

Bluedogcards

Jan 12, 2013
El Reno Ok
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 Garrett Pin Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi all i know this have been beat to death only got 60.00 to spend in my paypal, so on ebay. i saw the bounty hunter 45.00 but was told the detector were kinds of cheap is the same true for the pinpoints, also saw the Fisher F pointer 55.00 any thoughts what would you get

Thanks all i know i need one and ready to order.

Upvote 0

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Having used bounty hunters I would not call them cheap. The technology was the first when it came out. I would say save your pennies you find and buy a Garret Propointer. If you must buy cheap, but a harbor freight Centech hand held pin pointer at $17.00 without a coupon. Good luck.

OP
OP
B

Bluedogcards

Jan 12, 2013
El Reno Ok
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The garrett is good would love to have one,,, i can keep saving tks for the responce

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you're going to save for the Garrett, save a bit more and get the White's TRX.

lostbaja

Apr 14, 2014
Decatur, AL
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax + Tesoro Bandido II uMax + Tesoro Vaquero + Tesoro Deleon + BH Tracker IV housed in a Pop Tart box
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you're going to save for the Garrett, save a bit more and get the White's TRX.
Absolutely!

Another thing, if you have any small White's dealers near you, give em a call and they may make you a sweet deal on a White's Bullseye 2. Seriously, I got on White's site and searched for dealers and there was a guy (yes just one old man) in town that was a dealer. Called him at home and he offered me a Bullseye 2 for cheap... Maybe something to try if you are interested in that model.

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Being that funds is an issue I would strongly suggest that the Gpp be placed way down on the list due to its initial cost and the very good chance of failure with in a short period of time. Then you would have to pay the $14 shipping and insurance to get it back for exchange or repair. If you shop, I believe the Whites TRX can be had for about the same price and so far it has a near zero failure history.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Absolutely!

Another thing, if you have any small White's dealers near you, give em a call and they may make you a sweet deal on a White's Bullseye 2. Seriously, I got on White's site and searched for dealers and there was a guy (yes just one old man) in town that was a dealer. Called him at home and he offered me a Bullseye 2 for cheap... Maybe something to try if you are interested in that model.
I was less than impressed with the Bullseye. Nothing wrong with quality, but, I found it awkward and ergonomically challenged. I also found the depth and features lacking. If price is an issue it's definitely an option though. I'd get it over a Harbor Freight unit!

OP
OP
B

Bluedogcards

Jan 12, 2013
El Reno Ok
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for all the comments, will see what i can come up with next month, seems like the Garrett and or white is the way to go.

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hit the playgrounds and save up the clad until you can afford a Garrett. Cheaper pinpointers are just a waste of money.

Rock Rock

May 4, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey everyone,

I willing to help Bluedogcards get his White TRX pinpointer.

I will send $20 to his paypal account....just need 4 other members to step forward.

Anyone want to chip in ?

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Being that funds is an issue I would strongly suggest that the Gpp be placed way down on the list due to its initial cost and the very good chance of failure with in a short period of time. Then you would have to pay the $14 shipping and insurance to get it back for exchange or repair. If you shop, I believe the Whites TRX can be had for about the same price and so far it has a near zero failure history.
Yes the TRX has a near zero failure history the reason for that is that it just came out and has not had time for complaints to start showing up.. I am not knocking the TRX i will be getting one to test out with my garrett….. I have had my Garrett since they first came out and have never had a problem with it…..

Last edited:

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT Explorer XS Tesoro Vaq t2se x705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes the TRX has a near zero failure history the reason for that is that it just came out and has not had time for complaints to start showing up..
Mine has already lasted twice as long as the two garrets I have been through did together. And it performs better.

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The biggest problem with the garrett is it starts randomly beeping sometimes and is very sensitive to the emi from your detector. I usually just turn it off and back on or tap in on the ground to make it quit. it can be frustrating at times but I have learned to deal with it. Until it is completely wore out or won't work at all I am going to keep it. When that happens I will look into the TRX

lostbaja

Apr 14, 2014
Decatur, AL
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax + Tesoro Bandido II uMax + Tesoro Vaquero + Tesoro Deleon + BH Tracker IV housed in a Pop Tart box
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was less than impressed with the Bullseye. Nothing wrong with quality, but, I found it awkward and ergonomically challenged. I also found the depth and features lacking. If price is an issue it's definitely an option though. I'd get it over a Harbor Freight unit!
I never said it was great :tongue3: But I agree completely. The Harbor Freight one is a decent flashlight at best. The Bullseye 2 is better, but it's not a Garrett or a White's TRX. But for 50 bucks new, the Bullseye is pretty mmkay. IMO anyways. :occasion14:

OP
OP
B

Bluedogcards

Jan 12, 2013
El Reno Ok
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey everyone,

I willing to help Bluedogcards get his White TRX pinpointer.

I will send $20 to his paypal account....just need 4 other members to step forward.

Anyone want to chip in ?

Thank yuo so much for the thought, i really got to do this on my own, i grew up if i wanted/needed things i got to get them myself/ it is just harder these days being on a fixed income from SSDI/VA, like i said thank you so much or the thought.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never said it was great :tongue3: But I agree completely. The Harbor Freight one is a decent flashlight at best. The Bullseye 2 is better, but it's not a Garrett or a White's TRX. But for 50 bucks new, the Bullseye is pretty mmkay. IMO anyways. :occasion14:
I think I'd forget the cheap ones and save that $50 for the TRX. I hunted for a good 20 years without a pin pointer (there just weren't any then!) and found all kinds of treasure. It's not a necessity but it sure make things easier at times. Buying second rate equipment is too frustrating to me. I end up throwing that junk in the trash and starting over.....wiser and with a lighter wallet.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have one of the F Points (came with my detector) and it works well. Well enough I carry it as a back-up. Doesn't hold a candle to my Sunray (uses the detector's tones and display) but will reduce the time you spend on the occasional reluctant targets.

I used a Merlin SXL for years and that was a better pinpointer (tone, LED lights that changed color and vibration); but bulkier and not waterproof so I carried it in a Zip-loc bag. Discontinued, unfortunately.

OP
OP
B

Bluedogcards

Jan 12, 2013
El Reno Ok
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Been reading some more review on these things, seems like need higher end Garrett Whites. will just save some more. i know i waste alot of time not having one. by resanning the hole and plug... once again thank you all for the comments

Massieville Mike

Mar 7, 2014
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Gamma 6000,
Garrett AT Gold, Teknetics ETP, Fisher CZ6a, Teknetics T2se
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi Bluedog! I hunted for a year with no pinpointer. My son bought a new detector (BH) and it came with a pinpointer. I can remember thinking how did we get by without one......man this has got to be the greatest thing since sliced bread! Then I bought a used whites bullseye 140mm ($59 I think) on ebay and thought......how did I ever get by without this........man this has got to be the greatest thing ever! Just recently I met another MDer at a local park who let me handle his new garrett propointer, and I thought to myself......man this has got to be the greatest thing ever!......I've got to have one! The BH pinpointer still works, though the speaker cuts in and out, the bullseye 140 still works better, though the battery contacts are weak (have to do an occasional minor repair), and we are still using them as of yet, but I am looking to buy propointer or TRX. It seems to me that there is quite a difference in performance/sensitivity among different pinpointers and I think that the quicker I can recover a target.....the more time I have to locate another one! That's the reason I want another one. Will keep the other two for backup, as I can clearly remember the frustration of trying to find an elusive target without one. I apologize for rambling on and on, I guess the bottom line is.....any pinpointer is better than no pinpointer! They truly may be the greatest thing since sliced bread lol ! HH!

OP
OP
B

Bluedogcards

Jan 12, 2013
El Reno Ok
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi Bluedog! I hunted for a year with no pinpointer. My son bought a new detector (BH) and it came with a pinpointer. I can remember thinking how did we get by without one......man this has got to be the greatest thing since sliced bread! Then I bought a used whites bullseye 140mm ($59 I think) on ebay and thought......how did I ever get by without this........man this has got to be the greatest thing ever! Just recently I met another MDer at a local park who let me handle his new garrett propointer, and I thought to myself......man this has got to be the greatest thing ever!......I've got to have one! The BH pinpointer still works, though the speaker cuts in and out, the bullseye 140 still works better, though the battery contacts are weak (have to do an occasional minor repair), and we are still using them as of yet, but I am looking to buy propointer or TRX. It seems to me that there is quite a difference in performance/sensitivity among different pinpointers and I think that the quicker I can recover a target.....the more time I have to locate another one! That's the reason I want another one. Will keep the other two for backup, as I can clearly remember the frustration of trying to find an elusive target without one. I apologize for rambling on and on, I guess the bottom line is.....any pinpointer is better than no pinpointer! They truly may be the greatest thing since sliced bread lol ! HH!

You are nor rambling just a good story, you are right any pin pointer is better then none.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread