Excalibur vs. safari ????

usa2stay

Aug 10, 2011
San Antonio, TX
Detector(s) used
Xterra 305
Xterra 705
I am getting closer and closer to pulling the trigger to upgrade from my Xterra 305. I would appreciate any counsel regarding choosing the Excalibur or Safari. My current plans are to start making extended MD trips out to the various beaches in the US and possibly trying to hit a few ski slopes as well. I want to MD in the National Parks but I know that if forbidden.

Thank you in advance for any thoughts.

God Bless America and our fallen heroes!

Upvote 0

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For hunting salt water beaches with discrimination, the Excalibur is hard to beat. In a park setting that has your normal trash targets, you can do a lot better. It's not particularly well balanced (in stock form), has no depth gauge, no visual I.D., and only a fair tone i.D. It's hard to answer your question without knowing you will primarily use the detector for. They are very different machines that compliment each other well but they both have their pluses and minuses.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like Cuda, if your plans are beach hunting go for the excal so you can hunt in the water. I used my excal in local parks for a year before I bought a dedicated land detector...

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread