Upgraded to AT Pro

CladGrabber

Oct 10, 2013
Tulsa Ok
Detector(s) used
AT PRO...Equinox 800...garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After a productive year hunting with the ace350 my lovely wife of 13yrs upgraded me to the At pro spring special for our anniversary.
A special shoutout to Tim Garton
Metal Detector Sales of SWMO
417-414-8622 store
417-831-4285 fax
417-849-1017 cell
www.treasurechief.com he went above and beyond to make it happen.
After watching videos and a quick spin around the backyard in pro mode I realize there's going to a learning curve.
Any beginner at pro settings for coins/jewelry would be most appreciated LoL.
Happy Hunting to all!

Upvote 0

Jeremy S

Feb 27, 2012
God's Country
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 250, AT Pro, Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's the scratchy signals that I haven't got my head wrapped around yet.

I have dug scratchy signals in the 40s range that ended up being small gold rings!

I agree about iron audio. I only turn it on momentarily when I have found a target that I want to dig. Even it it is giving me iron audio over a high tone target I still dig it sometimes. Last week I found an old horse shoe that was a solid 80 and iron audio was grunting at me.

If you are looking only for coins and silver, iron audio can save you a lot of digging.

firemac

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Irving Texas and the beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Garrett pro pointer Minelab Etrac & excal ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has anyone tried the 15" Nel attack coil for the AT pro yet?

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
I have dug scratchy signals in the 40s range that ended up being small gold rings!

I agree about iron audio. I only turn it on momentarily when I have found a target that I want to dig. Even it it is giving me iron audio over a high tone target I still dig it sometimes. Last week I found an old horse shoe that was a solid 80 and iron audio was grunting at me.

If you are looking only for coins and silver, iron audio can save you a lot of digging.

Do you turn on IA when you have a rock solid mid or high tone jus befor you dig it? Nope. Do you dig every target that you want to dig? Yup. No IA needed. You soon will be able to tell a horseshoe by "sizing" it with pp.

Jeremy S

Feb 27, 2012
God's Country
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 250, AT Pro, Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Do you turn on IA when you have a rock solid mid or high tone jus befor you dig it? Nope. Do you dig every target that you want to dig? Yup. No IA needed. You soon will be able to tell a horseshoe by "sizing" it with pp.

I always use the PP to size up an object and to decide if I want to dig it. This is especially handy when you are in a park that is littered with those bottle caps and are always a repeatable 80 +/-. Its easy to tell a bottle cap from a copper penny using the PP.

The horseshoe that I just found, I knew it was a large iron object per PPing and iron audio. If it were in a well manicured park or some one else's lawn, I probably would not have dug it. Since it was in my own lawn, I don't mind digging for some deep iron to satisfy my curiosity :tongue3:

I pretty much only use iron audio when I am looking for deep silver or copper coins. After locating a decent deep target, a couple passes with IA on is a good check to help you decide if the target is worth digging. Mix a century worth of dropped nails into the dirt IA quickly loses its benefit.

The best way to learn the ATP is just to get out there and use it. Nobody online can tell you the exact settings to use to find all of the "good stuff", thus we can only share our experiences and settings that we used, to give them ideas.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions