New Vulcan 360 dying...replace with same or Whites TRX?

Three Bears

Greenie
Apr 30, 2014
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
New Vulcan 360 dying...replace with same or White's TRX?

About three weeks ago I got a Vulcan 360 pinpointer with the "Spring Special"package. Had to already replace the AT PRO and now I have used the Vulcan 360 5 times and replaced the original battery and yesterday replaced that new battery. The unit started beeping and beeping so I tried turning it off and on and tried it again - started beeping again replaced battery same thing. Then for a few minutes it did not beep I tried to use it and it would not detect a penny until it was an 1/8" away. Called the Co. and they offered to replace with the same model or a "small" amount of credit towards another pinpointer... Anyone using the White's TRX pin pointer? Any comments on this pinpointer? It sates that it is water proof? Thanks... :hello:

Upvote 0

Tim-MXT

Mar 9, 2014
Beaverton/Hillsboro Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, White's V3I, White's TRX Pinpointer, Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the TRX and love it. The different sensitivity levels come in handy and the ratcheting feature is great. You won't go wrong with the TRX. I don't believed it is waterproof but water resistant.

airscapes

Nov 13, 2013
Philadelphia PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 950, U13,6"Exc & 4x6 Coils, Coinmaster GT 4x6 & NEL Hunter coil, TRX Pin Pointer, CZE-T200 FM Transmitter, Sangean DT-400W and ER6i in-ears.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would get a new vulcan for free, then buy the TRX from flphil at Myers MD, he has them on special
Call Phil at 813-237-1939 and get a price on the TRX, then decide..
TRX is weather resistant but if you put it under water like in a creek.. it will not leak and it will float..

Last edited:

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
3 Bears, I have a Vulcan and have worked it hard without any issues. Please keep everyone informed as to dealer reaction, shipping turnaround, and any other details as far as this failure. Plus tell us about what ever you replace it with even if it is not a Vulcan.

OP
OP
T

Three Bears

Greenie
Apr 30, 2014
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK I'll keep you all posted... tried to use the V360 today and 1/8" for penny and less then 1/2" for quarter..... still starts beeping and beeping......it is going back.... Airscrapes I will call him for more info. and price. Thanks.....

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The TRX is an awesome pointer. You would love it I think.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread