Pinpointer Question

tebb23

Greenie
May 31, 2014
Va Beach, VA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics EuroTek Pro

Arrived and has been used. Found a 1910 penny and a bunch of junk in my first hour.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Would something like this work as a pinpointer?

Titan handheld metal detector or any wand type?

Amazon.com : Titan® HIGH-RATE Handheld Security Bounty Hunter Metal Detector Wand & Holster hand held scanner : Hobbyist Metal Detectors : Patio, Lawn & Garden

If not why? Is it the various metals they don't pick up?

I just spent a bunch of money on this hobby, and am trying to get around spending another $125 on the Garrett pinpointer which everyone seems to love, and I am sure it is awesome. Just seems like there should be another solution, with the vast amount of technology out there, nobody can make a $25-$50 pinpointer that doesn't suck? I have been looking at reviews and reading forums just about everyday and the majority of what I have read does not speak kindly on most the pinpointers out there.

Thanks in advance for any insight or help. I have also been scouring the web for a used Garrett and, that just isn't happening.

Tim

Upvote 0

airscapes

Nov 13, 2013
Philadelphia PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 950, U13,6"Exc & 4x6 Coils, Coinmaster GT 4x6 & NEL Hunter coil, TRX Pin Pointer, CZE-T200 FM Transmitter, Sangean DT-400W and ER6i in-ears.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Same answer as the post in the other forum! :cat:

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That Titan doesn't pin point the target close enough to be effective. It's no better than your main detector in that respect. If you've researched all the pin pointer reviews, you should have come to the conclusion that the White's TRX is a better choice than the Garrett.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread