smaller coil??

saralo123

Greenie
May 8, 2014
Orangeville Ontario
Detector(s) used
Whites coinmaster GT, garrett pin pointer, prism dd 4x6 coil.
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I have a question for more experienced members. I have a whites coinmaster gt and I'd like to purchase a smaller coil. I've been detecting at old home sites but I'm finding it difficult sifting through the hundreds of signals I'm getting. I can't dig them all and they are close together and I'm having a hard time discriminating with my coil. What coil would you guys reccomend. Thanks.

Upvote 0

airscapes

Nov 13, 2013
Philadelphia PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 950, U13,6"Exc & 4x6 Coils, Coinmaster GT 4x6 & NEL Hunter coil, TRX Pin Pointer, CZE-T200 FM Transmitter, Sangean DT-400W and ER6i in-ears.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is only one coil from whites for the CM 8kHz machines other than the stock 9". The other is the Prizim 4x6 shooter. It is what you would want for your task. It will only go about 6" down due to it's small size but you can get in between lots of stuff. NEL also makes a small round which would work well and is a lot less money. Make sure you buy a lower shaft and pivot nut/bolt as well so you can change them quickly. I had some problems with a couple of bad 4x6 from whites, but the dealer I used took good care of me. Give Phil a call for prices on both the NEL line of coils and the Prizim 4x6. Myers Metal Detectors
You would want the 5" round NEL SHARP NEL-Coils for Metal Detectors - Gold Digger Metal Detectors, Raritan, New Jersey but I think the 4x6 would be better but more expensive.
If you still have questions, PM and we can set up a call.

OP
OP
S

saralo123

Greenie
May 8, 2014
Orangeville Ontario
Detector(s) used
Whites coinmaster GT, garrett pin pointer, prism dd 4x6 coil.
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Thanks Doug. I took your advice and got the 4 x 6 from Whites. It is awesome in trashy areas. Appreciate the good info.

airscapes

Nov 13, 2013
Philadelphia PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 950, U13,6"Exc & 4x6 Coils, Coinmaster GT 4x6 & NEL Hunter coil, TRX Pin Pointer, CZE-T200 FM Transmitter, Sangean DT-400W and ER6i in-ears.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Doug. I took your advice and got the 4 x 6 from Whites. It is awesome in trashy areas. Appreciate the good info.

No problem! Glad it worked out for you on the first try! I had some issues with defects.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread