So Excited! We are closing on a 100 year old house tomorrow!

Bergheimhunter

May 8, 2014
Bergheim , TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You guys will understand....

My husband and I are purchasing a piece of commercial real estate in Boerne, Texas tomorrow. The property is .75 acres and includes a 100 year old house, a windmill, a water tank structure, a barn, an even older house (moved on the property from a different location) that is now used for storage, and an outhouse! The parcel is part of what used to be a large family estate. The house is in good condition and we plan to fix it up a bit and lease it out for office space.

My husband is over the moon excited about the investment opportunity. Me, being the treasure hunter that I am, can't wait to get my metal detector out there. We have actually had keys and access to the property for several weeks, but I refused to go hunting before it is officially ours! The detector will be in the car when we go to the closing tomorrow. :headbang:

Upvote 0

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
that is exciting! congrats and hope you settle in w/out any problems

Stone

Feb 26, 2012
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats, hope you find some nice stuff. Wish I could buy a property near me that is for sale. The house was built in 1832. it has 5 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms and a nice chunk of land. $135,000... Can't afford it but really want it.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
LOL! That will be the only exciting thing about a 100 year old house. Good hunting.

And good luck with the plumbing and wiring!

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Best of luck and happy hunting your new detecting place!

I know what you mean about being the MD'er in the family. Hubby and I are going to see one of the grandkids in a school play tonight, and he says to me "So I'm going to watch her in the play, and your going to be out side detecting?" I replied,
"No, I'm going to be watching her too, I don't have my detector with me." Lol! A league of our own, for sure!

Steeler Fan

Apr 3, 2005
I am curious of you were able to find the time to detect the property you bought and if you did, what did you find?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions