blong10

Apr 9, 2014
New Castle
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD2, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Garrett AT PRO,
X-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So recently I have been interested in a new pinpointer. I currently have a bounty hunter pinpointer and well it only gets about maybe half a inch depht. I was looking towards the Garrett propointer or the whites trx. Which is better and the pros and cons of both please and also depth for both. Thanks

Upvote 0

johnpera

Greenie
Jul 2, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Blue the Garrett is one tough pin pointer. I have had one for 2 years and it has helped find thousands of coins. Turn it on and turn it off thousands of times and use the nose to push the dirt around. Hunted over 50 hunts with it before I needed another 9v battery. It is worth the money. It will help find those coins that look just like the ground. Also when you pin point with your detector, take your little Garrett out and find exactly where the coin is up to 2 " deep. You can also use it as a little metal detector by going around the coin and find other coins near the spot of the coin you detected. It is real handy and tough. Good investment. Thanks for reading and HH.....Z

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I adore my Minelab ProPointer and it was a freebie from Kellyco when I bought my detector. That sucker has been dropped so many times but it still keeps workings occasionally it will act a little wonky but overall a great product.

penzfan

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 - Excal 1000 - Excal II - Sovereign GT - RTG/Oleg Scoops - XPointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
PI Circuitry wins...

airscapes

Nov 13, 2013
Philadelphia PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 950, U13,6"Exc & 4x6 Coils, Coinmaster GT 4x6 & NEL Hunter coil, TRX Pin Pointer, CZE-T200 FM Transmitter, Sangean DT-400W and ER6i in-ears.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

penzfan

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:

airscapes

Nov 13, 2013
Philadelphia PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 950, U13,6"Exc & 4x6 Coils, Coinmaster GT 4x6 & NEL Hunter coil, TRX Pin Pointer, CZE-T200 FM Transmitter, Sangean DT-400W and ER6i in-ears.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please run a test and share

Send me your gold, dirt and 3 pin pointer and I will compare them all to my TRX and make a video! if you are going to show how good something is, compare it to the best in class with that best in class properly set up to perform to it's best.

penzfan

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Send me your gold, dirt and 3 pin pointer and I will compare them all to my TRX and make a video! if you are going to show how good something is, compare it to the best in class with that best in class properly set up to perform to it's best.
Didn't make the video dude, just shared it and stated the obvious. Post your address and I'll be sure to send you something really nice in the mail...

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lots of pin pointers out there to chose from, I get 4-6" inches on my Detectorpro uniprobe...

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lots of pin pointers out there to chose from, I get 4-6" inches on my Detectorpro uniprobe...
That's what I use too. It goes deeper than all the ones I've tried but I haven't compared it to the TRX or Xprobe yet.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread