Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just realized that I have found -including the one found sunday - no less than 4- silver ID bracelet name plates at this one particular
Cape cod beach -all in saltwater --(I think I may have found a couple long ago too)- but have found 4 in last 3 yrs - all have some age
all marked sterling
but never found any of the chains/bracelets
I was wondering if these could have been stolen - the chains broken off and the name plates thrown into the ocean
so the thief could dispose of the evidence - my guess is that these are 1960s or before
so guy would never think they'd be found by a TH'er
he probably just turned in the silver chains at a pawn store or metals buyer back then
if he tried with name plates attatched - there would have been questions by buyer I would think
I also wonder if it could have been by someone working at the changing room building where back then you'd put your stuff in a
locker or sometimes just in a slot on a shelf What do you think?
bbC00004.JPG

Upvote 0

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is quite possible. If they were just lost the chain would still be attached. Or maybe when kids broke up the bracelet was trashed in anger? It is a mystery!

If any of you guys are told you can't detect on DCR beaches be sure and let Roger know, 2 people have been told that.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it's more likely that the chain just broke and released the name tag into the surf. I remember some of those types of bracelets that were made with the names of Viet Nam soldiers on them back in the late '60's and early '70's. It had just those cheap ball type chains that were similar to the dog tag chains that the military used.

OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it's more likely that the chain just broke and released the name tag into the surf. I remember some of those types of bracelets that were made with the names of Viet Nam soldiers on them back in the late '60's and early '70's. It had just those cheap ball type chains that were similar to the dog tag chains that the military used.

these are probably pre 60s (old class rings and coins found around them are mostly from the 30s -40s)- don't think that "both" sides of so many name plates would break - if they did - chains should be out there too - never found any chains/bracelets by them selves - I hunt in all metal out farther than anyone at this spot
the complete one upper right of pic - is what they should look like - that one was found about a mile away at a different spot
2013 sil (2).JPG
Id say that the 4 ive found were within a 50 by 50 yard area
been TH'ing since 1975 - don't think ive ever just found the name plate anywhere else
did find name plate with half the chain in Fla. waters
atujujtachment.jpg
- but never just the plate
and being 4 at this same spot makes it mysterious

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe there was a shop selling those that was close to that beach? I must say that I've never found one exactly like yours detecting and I started in 1970. Not in the water, wasn't any good water detectors back then, but I remember friends having them on their wrists. Most of the ones I remember weren't as substantial as yours. The name plate was thinner and the chains were the snap-together ball type. I guess I ran with a cheap crowd! :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread