Garrett rechargeable battery set question

kyleeskastles

Jun 21, 2014
birthplace of texas
Detector(s) used
BH sharpshooter II, BH pioneer 202, garrett csi pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was looking up different information on batteries to use, how some are picky with metal detectors i read, need a certain voltage type so not to burn out etc, and came across some made by garrett specifically for a propointer here: Garrett Rechargeable Battery w Charger 2 9V Kit Hobby Security Metal Detector | eBay

My questions are has anyone had any experience with this battery set in a metal detector also? and what is the quality of the battery?

Upvote 0

shawninNY

Oct 2, 2013
Detector(s) used
Xlt/Dfx/BHID , Excaliber, nowCtx 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For the same money around 25- you can buy 100 pack AA 100 AAA or 25 pack of 9v from lowes the brand is utilitec there's only a few companies that manufacture batteries tan rebrand them , so they are all decent stay away from anything marked heavy duty ! Did you get your machine?

OP
OP
kyleeskastles

kyleeskastles

Jun 21, 2014
birthplace of texas
Detector(s) used
BH sharpshooter II, BH pioneer 202, garrett csi pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for the tip, machine uses 9v alkaline, or i read 8.4v NiMH recharged. Not sure on the pinpointer, but i got plenty of rechargeable AA batteries if it takes that. We have a lowes here in town so i will check it out. The MD are due at the door wednesday if ups dont have any delays. About ready to just get a big magnet from the junkyard and drag it around town see what it catches, maybe some cool old matchbox tins, cars or something:exclamation:.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions