Whites GMT

ryanonthevedder

Jan 3, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
White's GMT

Just picked up a White's GMT detector, but am a total noob when it comes to detecting. I have been watching some of the videos on this machine and am getting an idea of what I'm in for. What advice would you to a guy like me who is getting started? I am using it to evaluate a very dry gold claim I have, but am hoping for nuggets in other areas too.

Thanks in Advance!

Upvote 0

azblackbird

Sep 27, 2011
Glendale, AZ
Detector(s) used
TDI Pro, GMT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Read the manual, then read it again. There are numerous reviews on the internet to read also that can give you a few tips and hints. Other than that just get it out into the field as often as possible and just play with it. You'll soon discover what makes it tick.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Join a club and/or hunt with someone with a similar machine will help also. Nothing like comparing notes in the field with an experienced nugget hunter to get you on the right track.

OP
OP
R

ryanonthevedder

Jan 3, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the tips! I have had it out twice now and have had some success. My first discovery was a zipper and the next was a smashed xmas bulb. Today I was able to get almost a dollar in change out of the beach. I dont have a very qualified opinion, but this detector is sure easy to use. I also enjoyed the manual ground balance, but not before I checked out the auto track first. Lots of garbage to sort, but its a bit of fun. Looking forward to getting it up to the gold claim now.

jcCALIF

Jun 13, 2012
Yorba Linda
Detector(s) used
TDI PRO, VX3, Surfmaster PI PRO, TRX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Read Steve Herschbach's of the review of the GMT here: White's Electronics GMT Metal Detector

Mr. Herschbach is a very knowledgeable detectorist. Follow very closely on his explanations and experiences regarding your machine.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread