Im very new to all this

ArtGirl

Greenie
Jun 30, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all you wonderful people out there. I have been scanning the many posts looking and learning and having fun. I just bought a metal detector, not a good one but one that I could afford and it works great. I bought it because we live on what was part of a farm, I know most of what I find will be old tractor parts and Im ok with that but you never know there could be a pot of gold out there, lol. I think what I will do with the pieces is have a friend who welds turn them into a sculpture or something. But Im getting ahead of myself. This is what I have found so far just outside my back door. Hopefully today I will get time to find more. Oh and its more thrilling than I thought!

first-find-4.jpg 2nd-dig.jpg

Upvote 0

WhiteTornado

Jun 18, 2013
Baltimore/DC area
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Cibola, Garrett Pro-pointer, Sampson T-handle Shovel, Lesche hand digger, Garrett and Gray Ghost Ultimate headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome! Nice relics you have found. How far back was the farm in operation? Maybe you will find old coins. If the farm was for crops, you may have luck hunting where the crops were planted. HH :occasion14:

OP
OP
A

ArtGirl

Greenie
Jun 30, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi thanks ! The house was built in 1900 but from what I understand it was farmed long before that. I know it was a dairy farm, and there were many fruit trees at one point before that I don't know. The area has farms with corn, soy, etc but that’s all modern . Our driveway runs parallel to the property and was once part of the old road, we are very close to the trail of tears park so there is no telling what I might find. I am heading out in a bit to see what I can find!!

airscapes

Nov 13, 2013
Philadelphia PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 950, U13,6"Exc & 4x6 Coils, Coinmaster GT 4x6 & NEL Hunter coil, TRX Pin Pointer, CZE-T200 FM Transmitter, Sangean DT-400W and ER6i in-ears.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like you will be able to hunt your own property for years! That is really very cool! Good luck and don't hurt your arm .. we tend to do that when we just start out.. Rest it now and again!

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice finds and welcome to the forum. I have a tumbler and I just have a ball tumbling my finds. Your finds are too big, but you could soak them and learn to clean them. You will find design and all sorts of markings on them. I do not believe there is a bad detector out there. They all do the same thing. Its really the operator, all the machine can do is give you a idea of whats there. You will always love that first detector. Good luck and keep posting.

DDancer

Bronze Member
Mar 25, 2014
Traveling US to work
Detector(s) used
Current Equinox 600
Past Whites DFX Garret GTI 2500 and others
Prospecting Minelab GPZ 7000
Past SD 2100 GP 3000 (retired)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well met and welcome to the forum Artgirl.

Your off to a good start and where you live sounds like it has some fun potential pretty much anywhere you hunt ;) Keep swinging and luck to ya.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
ArtGirl, you picked the perfect complimentary hobby for art. I am also an artist and detectorist.
Here is an example of an art piece from a 200 year old blacksmith ax head that failed.

Place the ax heads in water and brush off with a welding brush daily. Then dry and bake in the oven below 212 degrees for a few hours. Coat with Rustoleom Rust killer then paint with Rustoleum flat black spray. Frank...-
HISTORICAL SURVEY 011-1-XI.jpg

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice group of finds! Keep at it. You can use Evaporust to remove the corrosion. The either coat them with a preservative or prime and paint them. Looks like that axe head is still in pretty good shape! Below that looks like a sickle bar mower guard.

OP
OP
A

ArtGirl

Greenie
Jun 30, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everyone, I was wondering how to clean these items, I cant wait to see if there are markings. I am heading out in a bit to see what else I can find. I am so glad I found you guys, everyone is so kind and supportive.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Tnet..JPG Always remember this is for fun. There is no telling what happened on that land before it became a farm.

kyleeskastles

Jun 21, 2014
birthplace of texas
Detector(s) used
BH sharpshooter II, BH pioneer 202, garrett csi pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello fellow newbie! Stick with it and youll get something awesome on a property like that. Looks like it hasnt been dug already since your finding some interesting stuff already so that is a huge plus. No telling what is out there, good luck and dont get discouraged!

OP
OP
A

ArtGirl

Greenie
Jun 30, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found some more treasures today, I had to stop, bad back, but there is more in this spot I'll hit it again tomorrow. I have to say this is so much fun!!

Attachments

• image-398741947.jpg
    image-398741947.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 86

goen 4 gold

Apr 12, 2012
bellevue ohio
Detector(s) used
WHITES- dfx,dx1,d2 coil 4x6 shooter coil.....
beach hunter id 300, vibra probe pin pointer.....
GARRETT-ace 250

warren tweed pick,
GPAA pans
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
welcome to t net artgirl! artist and detectorist here too. what kind of art are you into?

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
The curved ones are spring tooth cultivators 'teeth'. And inside the large one is another guide to a sickle bad mower. Looks like he raised a lot of hay like I use to. lol Frank...-
111-2 de Vinci.jpg

SouthFLdigger

Mar 16, 2014
Pembroke Pines, Fl
Detector(s) used
Beach:Fisher CZ-20, Beach Hunter ID 9.5" Whites DFX, Minelab Safari and Excalibur 2.
Park and Turf: Teknetics Gamma 6000,Teknetics Delta 4000,Nokta Fors Core
Loaners:ACE-250 9x12 and 7x9.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome finds and welcome, clean them up those are turn of the century probably.

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice start to your new addiction . Welcome to the group and the forum. Keep swinging and keep smiling.

OP
OP
A

ArtGirl

Greenie
Jun 30, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks all this really is fun!! I paint mostly animals and I create with polymer clay. I'll post a few

image-3236332130.jpg

image-744236654.jpg

image-3123045089.jpg

MickeyMaguire

Apr 26, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro, Ace 300, Ace 250, PP-AT, PP II, F-Pulse
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome to TNet, ArtGirl. I am an artist and so is my wife. I paint watercolor and do charcoal and pen & ink sketch. I am also a photographer and wrote a book on photography, among others. I really like the painting of the horse. I have always loved horses.

I used to guide people into far-flung places to chase fish and photograph wildlife. I have a passion for landscape photography, too.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Very good paintings, I like all three. I think I have tried just about everything in the way of art and photography.
Here is one of my engraved fresco works. Frank...-

The Roman Fourm18"X24"

AA forum.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

ArtGirl

Greenie
Jun 30, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to TNet, ArtGirl. I am an artist and so is my wife. I paint watercolor and do charcoal and pen & ink sketch. I am also a photographer and wrote a book on photography, among others. I really like the painting of the horse. I have always loved horses. I used to guide people into far-flung places to chase fish and photograph wildlife. I have a passion for landscape photography, too.

It's amazing how many artist are also digging treasures. Horses are still my favorite animal to paint , no matter what else I quirk in I always go back to them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread