Compatible aftermarket DD coils question

kyleeskastles

Jun 21, 2014
birthplace of texas
Detector(s) used
BH sharpshooter II, BH pioneer 202, garrett csi pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am having a bit of trouble in my location pinpointing with concentric coils. It seems like i got coins ringing up every feet in some spots and it is making it very hard to distinguish between the different targets. Plus the large holes is likely going to get me kicked off the property sooner or later. Last thing i want is getting a bad rap for tearing up yards

So i checked out the double dd coil, and it appears as if it has a much tighter 2 inch or so wide by 8 inch long etc targeted area. This would solve my problem.

Does anyone here know of any compatible DD coils for the bounty hunter sharpshooter II? I didnt see any on the manufactures website.

Upvote 0

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A small diameter coil is best for junky areas. If they don't make one for your detector, you'll need to practice more with the one you have, get a good pin pointer, and/or get a different detector that has coil options.

OP
OP
kyleeskastles

kyleeskastles

Jun 21, 2014
birthplace of texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A good pinpointer is a big part of the problem i think. the one i have dont do much till im right up agaisnt metal basically, just barely reads at about a 1/4 to 3/8 of a inch range. Is this normal for pinpointers?

airscapes

Nov 13, 2013
Philadelphia PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 950, U13,6"Exc & 4x6 Coils, Coinmaster GT 4x6 & NEL Hunter coil, TRX Pin Pointer, CZE-T200 FM Transmitter, Sangean DT-400W and ER6i in-ears.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A good pinpointer is a big part of the problem i think. the one i have dont do much till im right up agaisnt metal basically, just barely reads at about a 1/4 to 3/8 of a inch range. Is this normal for pinpointers?

Buy the whites TRX you will use it forever even if you get a new MD..

I can pin point perfectly with the MD but no need for anything less than 4" deep.. With the TRX you can pop coins if they are only 2" or less using a screw drive as you will now exactly where they are. No hole, just a little slit..

Last edited:

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some pin pointers are adjustable on the sensitivity. I have a 23 year old TinyTec that will range from 3" down to where you practically have to touch it. My UniProbe will range from 5" and down. My water proof VibraProbe has about a 3-4" range but isn't adjustable. Just depends on which unit you have.

OP
OP
kyleeskastles

kyleeskastles

Jun 21, 2014
birthplace of texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some pin pointers are adjustable on the sensitivity. I have a 23 year old TinyTec that will range from 3" down to where you practically have to touch it. My UniProbe will range from 5" and down. My water proof VibraProbe has about a 3-4" range but isn't adjustable. Just depends on which unit you have.

I just figured out a great way to get more out of mine i posted that i found on youtube. Works much better now

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions