Great find at local veterns park

greek digger

Jun 25, 2014
Crown point Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT pro
IM a newbie to detecting, so I went to this veteran's park and in the middle of this soccer field I find a solid gold US ARMY recruiters ring with and emerald on it 5" down. My first good find.....my wife has been talking crap to me since I got a detector saying " your never gonna find anything good", well I showed her lol.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
G

greek digger

Jun 25, 2014
Crown point Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT pro
ForumRunner_20140709_003811.png

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice! Depending on what it written on the ring, you might be able to find the one who lost it. The rewards in doing so may be more than you can imagine.

OP
OP
G

greek digger

Jun 25, 2014
Crown point Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT pro
Nice! Depending on what it written on the ring, you might be able to find the one who lost it. The rewards in doing so may be more than you can imagine.

Yeah I was hoping that there was some info on who's ring it was but, no name or anything is marked on the ring.

PullTabPete

Jun 14, 2012
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excal II E-trac EQ 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great find. I like returning items if I can, but am not too upset if they are not marked either. I am hunting for treasure after all.

Happy Hunting and hope you find many more good items.

Pete

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Best find you may get for a good while! Beauty of the yellow golden and green as a bonus!

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
returns are really awesome, sometimes they actually change lives... you will have a friend for life that you never knew before. but not everything can be returned, it is what it is. congrats on the beautiful ring

OP
OP
G

greek digger

Jun 25, 2014
Crown point Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT pro
Thank you. I've put it on my Facebook to see if u get any responses so far none.....I would love to get it back to the owner by if I don't it's an awesome ring in perfect condition.......looks brand new .

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
no telling the service the man has done for our country as so many have done. I was asked to help find the service ring of a 94 year old WW2 man, I searched hard for several days with my detector, going over everything and everywhere he had been. two weeks later he found it in a drawer, it had slid off when he had reached in to get something. I had wanted to find it so badly, he had shared about fighting the Japanese, about losing friends etc. I did not serve during a war time myself but a lot of my family had and I will always have the utmost respect for any and all of our Vets or current military men and women.

OP
OP
G

greek digger

Jun 25, 2014
Crown point Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT pro
no telling the service the man has done for our country as so many have done. I was asked to help find the service ring of a 94 year old WW2 man, I searched hard for several days with my detector, going over everything and everywhere he had been. two weeks later he found it in a drawer, it had slid off when he had reached in to get something. I had wanted to find it so badly, he had shared about fighting the Japanese, about losing friends etc. I did not serve during a war time myself but a lot of my family had and I will always have the utmost respect for any and all of our Vets or current military men and women.

No doubt I never served in the military but know many who have.......they give the ultimate sacrifice to ensure our freedom .......I would really like to find the person who this ring belongs too. I even put up flyers at the park I found it at.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well that ring was worth it's value in peace and quiet!
Congrats nice ! Always great to find gold and a chunky one like that is awesome!

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Greeky..nice find !!..and kudos for trying to locate the owner..I have had the pleasure of finding and returning rings to the owners and it was definitely more rewarding than the initial find...btw-what signal did the gold ring give you on the AT Pro? The rings I have found were platinum, silver, titanium or a mix of each, but never any solid gold finds yet. Thanks in advance for the info!...ddf

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread