Turbo21

Bronze Member
Jun 24, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eurotek pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok guys looking to upgrade from my bounty hunter quicksilver. I do mostly coin hunting with a hope for jewlery and whatever else I can find

Budget is about $200

I have read a the reviews on the fisher and it seems like you get a lot of machine for the price and I also really like the vdi

Talk me into getting the fisher or talk me out of it

And also if someone has a used f2 for cheaper let me know

Thanks

Bob

Upvote 0

Sheppie22

Jun 9, 2011
Milford, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac,
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett AT Max
Minelab Equinox 800 and 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would consider the Eurotek Pro over the F2 or the Ace 250.

OP
OP
Turbo21

Turbo21

Bronze Member
Jun 24, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eurotek pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would consider the Eurotek Pro over the F2 or the Ace 250.

I didn't even see the et pro

Now you are really making it hard for me lol

crazy4coins

Jul 9, 2013
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Get the F2 with the two coil package.
You will not regret it!!!

OP
OP
Turbo21

Turbo21

Bronze Member
Jun 24, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eurotek pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the help

Just ordered the eurotek pro from big boy hobbies. Now the waiting begins

Sheppie22

Jun 9, 2011
Milford, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac,
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think you will like it. my hunting buddy does very well with one. Just curious, what was the determining factor in your decision.

OP
OP
Turbo21

Turbo21

Bronze Member
Jun 24, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eurotek pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think you will like it. my hunting buddy does very well with one. Just curious, what was the determining factor in your decision.

The determining factor was depth. And age of the detector. Every review and comparison between the 2 that I read showed depth and recovery at 8-10". For the pro.

Where people are only getting 5-6" on the f2. With the f2 it seems that the vdi is not reliable at 6" or so

And also the age. The f2 was designed and released in 2008. And the tek was released in 2013. So the fisher is already a 6 year old machine and is probably goig to be phased out soon

There are as many good reviews as bad reviews for the f2. And the only bad reviews I found on the eurotek turned out to be high mineral content issues and were able to be fixed by adjusting the gb. Not sure if gb can be adjusted at all

OP
OP
Turbo21

Turbo21

Bronze Member
Jun 24, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eurotek pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That woulda been my advice as well, or even the 3 coil package. We think a like. martin

I couldn't see myself having any use for a smaller second coil. So the amount of coils and the cheap pinponiter everyone. Gives you with it didn't away me. Hopefully I made the right choice lol

Sheppie22

Jun 9, 2011
Milford, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac,
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The determining factor was depth. And age of the detector. Every review and comparison between the 2 that I read showed depth and recovery at 8-10". For the pro.

Where people are only getting 5-6" on the f2. With the f2 it seems that the vdi is not reliable at 6" or so

And also the age. The f2 was designed and released in 2008. And the tek was released in 2013. So the fisher is already a 6 year old machine and is probably goig to be phased out soon

There are as many good reviews as bad reviews for the f2. And the only bad reviews I found on the eurotek turned out to be high mineral content issues and were able to be fixed by adjusting the gb. Not sure if gb can be adjusted at all
Good choice, That was exactly my concern was depth. F2 videos that I have watched have not shown good depth. I have witnessed my hunting buddy dig 8 inch coins with his Eurotek Pro.

OP
OP
Turbo21

Turbo21

Bronze Member
Jun 24, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eurotek pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good choice, That was exactly my concern was depth. F2 videos that I have watched have not shown good depth. I have witnessed my hunting buddy dig 8 inch coins with his Eurotek Pro.

I read some reviews were some people were claiming 10"+. Can't wait to get it. They were trying to get it today so I could have it Monday or Tuesday

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok guys looking to upgrade from my bounty hunter quicksilver. I do mostly coin hunting with a hope for jewlery and whatever else I can find

Budget is about $200

I have read a the reviews on the fisher and it seems like you get a lot of machine for the price and I also really like the vdi

Talk me into getting the fisher or talk me out of it

And also if someone has a used f2 for cheaper let me know

Thanks

Bob
You will find things and you will look good doing it.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I have found that vdi numbers being wrong over 6" inches is common for most detectors. Lot of factors cause that. Go by sound.

crazy4coins

Jul 9, 2013
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The rumors that the F2 gets poor depth is a load of junk. I have dug 8-inch pennies with my F2 in soil less than a mile from the coast (bad soil). People who claim it doesn't achieve good depth problem live in areas with horrendous ground conditions. I remember one person saying that he even sees more depth with his F2 than with his ETP. I'm sure they're both great machines, though.
Happy Hunting!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread