Detector(s) used
Whites V3i D2 & 5.3
Garrett AT Pro stock
Bounty Hunter 505
Cheap UW PI
Whites TRX
Garrett Pro pointer
Vibra-Quatic 2
I got my new pin pointer(TRX)Saturday and dusted off the V3i. My girlfriend and I went out Sunday and found nothing but trash on some so called "virgin" sites. Lol. Today I came home after work and she asked if I felt like going out digging. I reviewed some old maps and aerial photos online. We went around the block to try out an old (long gone) train station sight. While we were pondering how to hunt the over grown site, a friend of mine who owns a store across the street from out train station site, came over and asked if I wanted to hunt his place. I have heard that a couple of guys had hunted there 15 years ago and found a few mini balls. I was actually pretty excited because he hadn't let anyone hunt there since then because they didn't let him know that they had found a union buckle. We had about 30 minutes of daylight so I made a few swings and we dug 4 aluminum foil wads up. The next hit was better. Nothing like if finding relics on your block. It was only one bullet but it got my newbie girlfriend hooked lol. I'm gonna go back one day this week and work it over. He said the last guys had older equipment even for back then and they hadn't been digging long so maybe the 8 acre manicured yard will produce.

Attachments

• image-967397446.jpg
    image-967397446.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 91
  • image-2935225105.jpg
    image-2935225105.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 91
Upvote 0

Ocean7

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2004
SE, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
nice minie ball! Suggestion: when you dig a plug, only cut 2/3 of the grass circle to leave a hinge on one side. That way plug fits right back in hole and grass doesn't yellow out on lawn. Really helps in dry spells. HH!
[h=1][/h]

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
nice mini ball, would love to find one... once you get the girl friend hooked really solid, she will be the one constantly asking if "Are We going?" nothing like your girl being your best friend and doing something together that you both love to do! good luck on the new place.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions