Jan 2, 2005
Western PA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, the MD hobby came in handy again. I had to do some laundry but had no quarters. Then I remembered my MD clad stash and was able to grab 12 quarters and wash my clothes (nothing valuable of course).

I was happy 'cause it saved me a trip to get change. Plus technically, it was a free laundry job.

I used to play a game I refer to as "bachelor poverty roulette".... I didn't have a washer/dryer in my first apartment after college, and the laundromat that I went to was about 5 minutes from a very productive park that I used to detect at. It seemed like every time I went there, the majority of what I found was quarters. I'd put my clothes in the washer and hit the park with the goal in mind to focus on quarters and dig enough within the hour to dry my clothes....if I didn't I'd take them home wet and hang them up, which was a pain in the butt in a small apartment. It wasn't so much for the "sport" of it as it was out of basic necessity, but my Ace 250 came in handy back in those days! Another year I made it a point to dig enough clad to cover the cost of a $60 concert ticket I wanted to get at the end of the summer....did that too!

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dont know why I spend my Lucky Coins

I guess its the thought that I can go hunting for more if i spend the old ones up !!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread