Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Upvote 0

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
throw them out...

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
recycling_symbol4.jpg them!

fireguy

Dec 28, 2013
Dayton ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250
Well the Ronald McDonald house collects today's pull tabs. See if they take the older style if so you'd be helping kids out.

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
frame the gold ones as trophys

OP
OP
T

treasurehunter101

Jan 14, 2014
NY AREA
Detector(s) used
Learned on Bounty Hunter Junior, then Tracker IV, and now using the Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well the Ronald McDonald house collects today's pull tabs. See if they take the older style if so you'd be helping kids out.

That's a good idea!!!! I'll do that to help the kids out! :)

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dump my pull tabs in buckets in the garage. A friend saves hers for completion hunts where she seeds the hunt area to distract dudes so she can claim the prized painted colored coins. Not fair but sneaky. :BangHead:

airscapes

Nov 13, 2013
Philadelphia PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 950, U13,6"Exc & 4x6 Coils, Coinmaster GT 4x6 & NEL Hunter coil, TRX Pin Pointer, CZE-T200 FM Transmitter, Sangean DT-400W and ER6i in-ears.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't bother digging up pull tabs.. yeah might miss a gold ring.. but the sites I hunt, are not realy likely to have gold rings.. Pull tabs, you bet!

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Who knew the little pests had so many uses!

I wouldn't suggest wearing/taking any of that thru the airport, unless you want to get strip searched.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup, that's what I do (and our local club)

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo

This.

Mine go into a jar. I can't donate them directly to Ronald McDonald House, so at the end of the year I sell them and send them the check. That's their cut from my hobby. It won't be much, but they'll be happy to have it and I'm happy to provide it.

When you think about it, you've already dug them up and they don't weigh much. What's the harm in saving them up and selling them? When I think about it, it makes digging up pull tabs not suck. That's probably worth the price of admission right there, because let's face it...if you're after gold, you're going to dig pull tabs. It's almost like repurposing evil.

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I save all of mine tabs and other metal junk that I find sort it out and sell it at the scrap yard you get $$$$$ from it help to paid for batteries or lunch......

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This.

Mine go into a jar. I can't donate them directly to Ronald McDonald House, so at the end of the year I sell them and send them the check. That's their cut from my hobby. It won't be much, but they'll be happy to have it and I'm happy to provide it.

When you think about it, you've already dug them up and they don't weigh much. What's the harm in saving them up and selling them? When I think about it, it makes digging up pull tabs not suck. That's probably worth the price of admission right there, because let's face it...if you're after gold, you're going to dig pull tabs. It's almost like repurposing evil.
I look at it a little differently, and dementedly to some, I'm sure. I TRY to find pull tabs! Every now and then I'm slightly "disappointed" when I find a nice gold piece of jewelry! :laughing7: I got to keep my mind straight or this hobby can drive you crazy! :tongue3:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread