My junk/scrap pile after 2 months of detecting

treasurehunter313

Apr 29, 2014
PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have hit it hard the last two months pretty much going out 5 days a week every week. I have found some good stuff but I also found a lot of junk that I am going to scrap. These buckets literally represent hours and hours of work as well as 100s of holes dug haha. Everytime I went out though I got some type of "keeper" item. Just wanted to post so newer people see how much work it can be to get the "good stuff". By the way these buckets do not include any pieces of aluminum cans or tabs that I found and my copper/brass pile isn't shown (which isn't real big). Thanks for looking and HH!

Attachments

• image-1883105881.jpg
    image-1883105881.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 107
  • image-3371327976.jpg
    image-3371327976.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 130
  • image-2081504286.jpg
    image-2081504286.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 118
Upvote 0

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's good to see all the trash, many folks new to this wonder why they dig so much trash. Personally I would have passed on digging all that iron, I figure you must be after relics as well as coins and other non-ferrous goodies.

OP
OP
treasurehunter313

treasurehunter313

Apr 29, 2014
PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's good to see all the trash, many folks new to this wonder why they dig so much trash. Personally I would have passed on digging all that iron, I figure you must be after relics as well as coins and other non-ferrous goodies.
a lot of it was my learning curve since I just got the AT Pro, but many times I'll dig any signal over 40 and it produces a lot of junk, but instead of pitching it I figured I'd hang onto it and scrap it. What detector do you use? The AT Pro will hit higher if the iron object is larger or round making it hard to distinguish from better targets. I'm pretty good at knowing what I'm about to dig up, but I want to start looking into upgrading next summer since I graduate college and will have some money. Thanks

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heck, in my area the scrap yards pay 10 cent a lb for steel so it's definitely worth it to save everything.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really? not to me it isn't. (and I used to do it for a living!) I only save the non-ferrous metals. The iron goes into the recycle bin.

Ism

Jun 17, 2009
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
Whites TDI
Minelab Sovereign GT
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I'm at a public area (school or park), I pass on all the huge targets.
It only results in a huge excavation mess in the sod and a lot of attention from onlookers.

OP
OP
treasurehunter313

treasurehunter313

Apr 29, 2014
PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I'm at a public area (school or park), I pass on all the huge targets. It only results in a huge excavation mess in the sod and a lot of attention from onlookers.
yeah I rarely hunt parks mostly private property or woods.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread