dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT Explorer XS Tesoro Vaq t2se x705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those who are crapping on GarrettPro Pointer are completely clueless on how it operates or they busted the ferrite rod with their haphazardness. Its a pin pointer not a freaking jackhammer, stop digging with it. I have never once had mine "false" a target. Read the manuals on how to use it properly. As a previous poster clearly said Garrett stands behind their products. Search the forums you will see lots of stories where Garrett goes above and beyond. To paraphrase good old Tom Nutall from Deadwood, South Dakota. My Garrett ProPointer masters "bored" talk and quagmire with aplomb. Those that doubt me... suck you know what by choice.
. I've had two go bad not just falling but on one the switch would stick. I know Garrett would have replaced it Again but After two that is the last thing I wanted

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I meant maybe if you weren't cleaning it often the button had material stuck around it..and cleaning might have helped

DixieLandMan

Sep 18, 2013
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202, White's MXT, Fisher CZ-21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought the Garrett PP after using it one time. It is a great pinpointer. I have the HF one as a back up.

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it was really clean inside I guess it is just luck of the draw

I honestly haven't heard much about any mishaps with recently purchased ones I think their sales went up so fast with the popularity of the show diggers it took a minute for their quality control to catch up with the demand and some bad ones got through

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT Explorer XS Tesoro Vaq t2se x705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I honestly haven't heard much about any mishaps with recently purchased ones I think their sales went up so fast with the popularity of the show diggers it took a minute for their quality control to catch up with the demand and some bad ones got through
Probably right mine would be over two years old if I still had them

docholliday59

Greenie
Jun 29, 2014
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter pioneer 101 Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro. Bounty Hunter pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I love my bounty hunter pinpointer. It's not a tank and by no means a turd. The price is reasonable..and it flat out does what it's supposed to do . Sure a Garrett is nice but for the price and functionality I'll stick with my bounty hunter....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread