The Wife is Mad

cowboy7450

Jun 17, 2014
Katy, Texas
Detector(s) used
Tek. Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I went out digging this moring at the old High School, about 10 miles away. Found a whole 12 cents and some beer caps. She saids im useing more gas to get there than that. I said would you want me to lay around in the chair and wacth TV before i go to work or be out of your hair. She stated I guess the gas was worth it. LOL Have a Blessed Day

Upvote 0

CMan1

Nov 21, 2014
Treasure Coast 1715 Florida
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wife hunts with me and we both dig. I let her use the AT PRO then I dig for her. Sometimes she finds more with just the pin pointer around play yards. So get her involved with you. I bought my wife a pro harness. I would buy another unit but MD hunting is being taken away from us.

jimzz977

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wife bought me my first md a bounty hunter 2200,and found my first silver with it and I was hooked. So I started going out as as possible and wife started to get upset until I started to bring home gold,Silver jewelry now no questions are asked

cruiserkev

Jan 18, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
My wife bought me my first md a bounty hunter 2200,and found my first silver with it and I was hooked. So I started going out as as possible and wife started to get upset until I started to bring home gold,Silver jewelry now no questions are asked

Similar story here. She supported my hobby at first but quickly became annoyed when I snuck out in the wee hours of the morning every weekend. At first I was only finding clad and rusty junk, then I started finding good stuff. Now I get less attitude and more "dibs on any jewelry you find" from her. Good trade off in my opinion. HH!:thumbsup:

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Find her a ring

What he said.

Once you do that she'll "get it".

Hey, even if you can buy her one at a pawn shop or something she doesn't really have to know where it came from. It's the intention that counts. Maybe an 18K pinky ring or something. If you "find" something with a diamond, all the better. They're still a girl's best friend.

Plus, sometimes we only find 12 cents. Other times we do better. It's the nature of the addiction.

Last edited:

scaupus

Apr 20, 2011
Not too far from a beach
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
she reacted better than my kid did.
Get a Job, Metal Detector!.JPG

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Find her a ring

Too much work and uncertainty.

Take money out of her purse and go buy her a ring.

Then get back to detecting.

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Too much work and uncertainty.

Take money out of her purse and go buy her a ring.

Then get back to detecting.

Now that's what I call a well thought out and clever plan.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread