Xterra 705
Upvote 0

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Basicly, a pinpointer is a simple device. They all do the same basic thing, that being the location of a hard to see object at close range usually 1/2" to 1".
If they are stronger than that, they defeat there own purpose. If they say, picked up at 3" they would be usless in a 3" hole because they would sound constantly anywhere in the hole. Some people always want MORE, but that is not good in this case. Just my point of view.
Frank...-
five star.png

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The advantage of deep detection with a pin pointer is BEFORE you cut a plug. The ones that only detect at the tip don't have that problem either. Look at the descriptions and reviews to see what features you like before you buy.

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
gave mine to my grand kids to use, I kind of felt the same way, there are a lot better ones out there

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
yes.... buy a Garrett Pro pointer... It is amazing... the best part is that items that are approx 2-3" deep you can pinpoint it before you even dig. You will know exactly where the item is...
the best part is cutting a plug, you cant hear it in the plug then hear it deep in the hole... the old stuff!!
Gary from Oregon

NVNutcase

Sep 9, 2013
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes it is a total waste. Got the Package deal because of it being included, I've since purchased a Pro Pointer

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love my pro pointer but even if I used something else I would want to mention a lot of people don't seem to realize (like Frank above) that his statement is incorrect.
The pro pointer has a seamless ratcheting effect with the tone and intensity of the vibration as you get closer to the target so it's not just it sounds off and thats it and you don't know where your target is you can quickly tell if you're getting further away or closer to it when you move the pointer

docholliday59

Greenie
Jun 29, 2014
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter pioneer 101 Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro. Bounty Hunter pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bought a Bounty Hunter pinpointer last week, basically the same pinpointer as you described.Mine works just like what yours does. That's the way it's supposed to. It's not supposed to be a powerful metal detecting device ,just a helper to sort out finds from the dirt in the hole. Works great at the beach when a coin or object just keeps hiding in that sandy hole it finds it quick.Only supposed to sound when you are an inch or less from the object.Sound like yours is working fine.

OP
OP
U

usa2stay

Aug 10, 2011
San Antonio, TX
Detector(s) used
Xterra 305
Xterra 705
I should have gone your way. In all fairness, Kellyco did replace the Accu Find with a Vulcan 360, so happy as a clam, I went out and used it today. It lasted about 30 minutes then stopped working. It does power up, but does not sound or vibrate when I put it near metal. Maybe, this is all telling me to get the ProPointer :(

Auriemma

Jul 24, 2014
SE PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab: Sov XS; Sov XS2 Pro ; XS2a Pro ; E-TRAC; Profind 25, Garrett PP AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From what I can see, the Accu-find is the same as the Bounty Hunter.

I have used 3 PPs: Cen-Tech, BH, and MineLabs.
First off... The Cen-Tech and Bounty Hunter are not in the same league as the MineLabs for sensitivity, ruggedness, adjustability or quality. The ML is a beast. So no comparison will be given.

The BH has a sensitivity adjustment, but mine has to be turned down about 80% just to stop it from going off. It seems rugged enough, and does have about an inch from the tip of side sensitivity. That being said, you have to be within a 1/4" or less for it to go off.

The Cen-tech, though cheaply made (and not built for the purpose we are using it), has better range (about 1") at the tip and sides, but pretty fragile by comparison. It too needs to be turned down (about 60%) to stop buzzing.

The CT has more sensitivity adjustment than the BH, but the BH is better built.

All that being said.... with careful use, any of these will do the job.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions