Jun 1, 2014
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Lone Star,
Garrett Ace 350,
Fisher Gemini-3
Primary Interest:
Other
The 2014 Experimental Aircraft Association Airventure air show is currently taking place. The last day is tomorrow, 8/3/14. The airshow is a week long and thousands of people attend and camp out throughout the week.
My question is, has anyone ever had the opportunity or the permission to metal detect the camping areas such as Camp Scholler from the EAA staff after the show and everyone has cleared out? There could be quite a bit of jewelry and coins found.
I probably should have posted this in the Wisconsin Forum.
Moderator please feel free to post this thread wherever you think it should be posted.

tokameel

May 20, 2012
Mequon, Wi
Detector(s) used
In 1974- White.
Now a Garrett Ace 250.
8/30/12 using a Zircon m40 Stud Finder as a hand held pin pointer.
Primary Interest:
Other
I think that very thing. Every time that I see photos of the thousands of prop-heads (of which I am a member) sitting behind the roped off area during the airshow, I wonder "How much jewelry and pocket change is right there on the surface for the this years convention? Plus...this has been an event every year since 1971, so think of the potential layers of goodies that may be hiding.

I've gone to the EAA Convention for the entire week in 1972 & 1973 in a tent. And spent the day a bunch of other times. Each time thinking that there must be a way....but I never found the proper person to ask.

I searched T-Net for "Airventure" to find you, and there were only 3 others.

Tom EAA 57323 (not active)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread