X-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

Don in SoCal

Jul 19, 2014
Corona
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800; 11", 6X9CT... Compadre; 6C, 8OOR, 3X18 Cleansweep...GM4b; 6X9DD, 6X9C ...ML Sovereign; 8 & 10 Tornado, 10X12 Detech SEF …GP3500, 6X8 Sadie, 12 EVO, 14 CT Mono&DD
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
cudamark
I'm interested in that you say you've had personal experience with many pinpointers. What is your personal favorite? Of those that you have used, which seems to work better for prospecting? coinshooting? Does environment make a difference? I have never used one so I'm looking for experienced opinions. Thx Don

Last edited:

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My current favorite is the Uniprobe unit. I use that for dry and wet sand at the beach, and any other place where I'm looking for coins or jewelry. It's been a while since I went nugget hunting but when I did, I used my trusty old TinyTec. It did pretty well but I'm curious as to how the Uniprobe will work in that same environment. In the water, the Vibraprobe is the only way to go. Completely waterproof and well built. All the pin pointers on the market will work to some degree on land. The main differences are depth, quality of materials, adjustability, and tip only or full shaft sensitivity. If the Uniprobe is out of your price range, I'd go with the White's TRX. If you need one unit for all environments, get the Vibraprobe as it's the only one fully waterproof at the moment. I think there is new pin pointer coming out, or maybe already out, that is waterproof too.....I can't remember the name off hand....I'll have to do some more searching.

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Lower Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II, Garrett Ace 150 & 350, Fisher ID Excel, Fisher coinstrike, Fisher Cz6, Fisher Gemini II, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI 1500,Teknetiks omega 8000, Nokta Fors Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just got two sent to me for an upcoming club event as prizes. I pulled one out of the box and tried it out and must say im very impressed with it. It doesn't have that cheap feel to it, certainly has better buttons than others such as Garrett and whites(im a Garrett guy the whole way) and I believe I will buy one of these because im kind of tired of the Garretts quirks. I like have 4 levels of detection range plus the extras this comes with. Not bad at all.

sycotoad

Jul 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe they have sales on hold until they sort out the support documents and get the warranty cards printed and in the boxes prior to shipping.

"sales on hold" classic - where do you get this stuff from? - fortune cookie??

sycotoad

Jul 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, did the support documents make it into the box this time????????????

Please FFS will someone put this guy out of his misery and give him a TRX already - I have never heard anyone harp on about some bloody paperwork inside a box - Most of the males I know ignore the bloody instruction manual until they get into strife - why in the h3ll cant you ignore the warranty papers until you actually need them - surely you have proof of purchase and if your X-Pointer poo's itself, contact the business you purchased it from -

All this bloody grizzling from you here and on other forums about warranty issues is NOT an issue to those who have had their problem X-Pointers either repaired or replaced (as you well know on other forums) - Yes I am sure everyone is well aware your NOT happy about not having a piece of paper - You have been told it is being rectified, but you still negatively bleat on about what I believe to be sweet FA -

As far as I am concerned the X-Pointer is a fantastic alternative to whats already out there -

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If it's that good you don't need a warranty to begin with. :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions