All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
You don't want the depth to be better. A pinpointer is supposed to work in a small hole. If it is to sensitive it will sound off anywhere in the hole, thus being useless. Hay, they all do the same thing. Most do the job they were made for. The big difference is in the price. Frank...- five star.png

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man you couldn't be more wrong.
You would never say those things if you had a lot of experience under your belt.. And have actually used different pointers in a lot of different situations

OP
OP
blong10

blong10

Apr 9, 2014
New Castle
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD2, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Garrett AT PRO,
X-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you talking to me or Frankn. If you are talking to me you just use the sensitivity adjustment and turn it way down unit you find it.

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Frankn
He also seems to be forgetting some Change their intensity with proximity to the target.. I think he just uses a harbor freight and that's all his experience is

Last edited:

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To me, extra depth is a help on shallower coins BEFORE you cut a plug. It can help you zero in on the target exactly so you don't damage it in the recovery process. If it gets too chatty or once you're in the hole, most good pin pointers can be turned down if necessary to eliminate false readings. I also can't stand junk or even sketchy quality tools. They have to work first time, every time, and fit good in my hand or I'll get one that does. You'll have to decide for yourself if you can "live" with a lessor quality item. I don't have any personal experience with the X-pointer but I do with many others. Hopefully, someone here has some experience with one and can give you the advice you seek.

OP
OP
blong10

blong10

Apr 9, 2014
New Castle
Detector(s) used
X-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does anyone know where I can buy one. And I guess it's to new for anyone to give a review on.

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe they have sales on hold until they sort out the support documents and get the warranty cards printed and in the boxes prior to shipping.

penzfan

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 - Excal 1000 - Excal II - Sovereign GT - RTG/Oleg Scoops - XPointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Does anyone know where I can buy one. And I guess it's to new for anyone to give a review on.

You can buy one here: (removed by mod/not supporting vendor)

I have owned one since March and it is just as deep as most others I and my friends have tested. It has PI circuitry and comes with a 2 year warranty, lanyard and sheath. The led light is very bright and it has 4 levels of sensitivity. It is a great product.

Last edited by a moderator:

New Digger

Mar 4, 2014
Utah
Detector(s) used
Whites Mxt Pro with 12" 300 coil,Sef Wss 10x5 coil,6x10 dd coil,10"dd coil,9" spider
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasure Mountain Detectors Has the deteknix Xpointer for 89.99

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe that the Gold Digger sales is the ones that are suppose to be responsible for straitening out that warranty mess. No announcement has yet been made stating that has been accomplished. It would be great if they would go ahead and get that done.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I believe they have sales on hold until they sort out the support documents and get the warranty cards printed and in the boxes prior to shipping.

Not true. They are simply out of stock everywhere. The Deteknix X-Pointer | BigBoysHobbies is proving to be a great pin pointer at a great price. We do free 2 day priority shipping on them.

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not true. They are simply out of stock everywhere. The Deteknix X-Pointer | BigBoysHobbies is proving to be a great pin pointer at a great price. We do free 2 day priority shipping on them.

I believe you when you state that this pointer has potential, but it now seems that depending on who you ask as to the reason for non availability. The process as stated was said to be happening and the support papers would be included in the next shipment as soon as they have accomplished that task. How about just getting their representative to come on here and make a true and exact statement and take all[U you out of the middle so we can narrow the answer down to one story.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the Detectopro Uniprobe it has a range of 4-6 inches max, it is a fantastic probe and sensitivity is not circular, it is directional. The last thing I would want is a pinpointed limited to an inch or so.. My pinpointed is basically a miniature pi detector.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I believe you when you state that this pointer has potential, but it now seems that depending on who you ask as to the reason for non availability. The process as stated was said to be happening and the support papers would be included in the next shipment as soon as they have accomplished that task. How about just getting their representative to come on here and make a true and exact statement and take all[U you out of the middle so we can narrow the answer down to one story.

We are being told that they are in the box this shipment. I cant verify that for 100% positive till we get them wednesday.

OP
OP
blong10

blong10

Apr 9, 2014
New Castle
Detector(s) used
X-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We are being told that they are in the box this shipment. I cant verify that for 100% positive till we get them wednesday.

What do you mean they are in the box this shipment. Do you mean the Warranty card

basstrackerman

Feb 15, 2007
Alabama
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bowinkles. I understand you want a pinpointer. But you should just call bart and order one that he has in stock being gpp or minelab. That way you will have your warrany card. My x pointer is my go to pointer and still zero issues. The worries you have can be fixed by ordering one with a reputation. Me i like testing and taking a chance but not everyone does. Again its only $90. ;) happy hunting

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bowinkles. I understand you want a pinpointer. But you should just call bart and order one that he has in stock being gpp or minelab. That way you will have your warrany card. My x pointer is my go to pointer and still zero issues. The worries you have can be fixed by ordering one with a reputation. Me i like testing and taking a chance but not everyone does. Again its only $90. ;) happy hunting

Some how you have got the wrong impression. I purchased one and have used it and tested it and I am very familiar with it. The issue was when it came out of the box there was no supporting papers or warranty cards. I hit the net and found a statement "repaired in the USA" well sir, that is a pretty big place and until I started this business to get that corrected everyone had no place to go if they had a failure. Now we know the importing organization and with a little push they are now promising to have the documents included in the box so case solved. I also own and use at least one each of all current manufactured pin pointers ( except the high dollar one with earphones) and I will say that every one of them came with those documents and they also have a supporting organization behind those documents. I believe that Xpointer will be in line with the market trend very soon.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread