Need help with mystery reading

Faush

Jan 14, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi All,

I was searching a yard and having decent luck, finding a few rings and various coins and keys. Came across a target that read a strong 97-99 on the AT Pro and a very attainable depth (10-15cm range). We dug it and dug but found nothing. The odd fact is that the Garret Pinpointer, working perfectly on everything else, shows no signs of finding anything anywhere near the whole. The At Pro consistently shows the target on our now very large, but empty hole. The Pin Pointer draws a blank.

I have never had a reading in that range, so am interested to find the source, but seem to be chasing a ghost.

Any thoughts or opinions would be appreciated.

Upvote 0

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like junk...I actually tested a jar full of walkers and silver dollars once to see what it read as and it never went over 95 on my atp. Ive found a casche full of bullets before..about 10lbs and I figured it would max out..but it stayed in the high 60s

Usally when I get a 99..its always a big piece of iron.
Thanks for the info...I always wondered what a jar of silver would read on the AT pro.

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the info...I always wondered what a jar of silver would read on the AT pro.

Yea, I had to find out what it REALLY sounded like. A buddy of mine had some old farm land that was active around the turn of the centry, and we always talk about "I wonder what a cache sounds like" So i figured, hell, i got enough silver to check, grabbed an old mason jar and dug it down about 18"-24" Deep. And it read nicely with the coil off the ground another 24"

Same with the Bullets I found. There were so many loose bullets on the ground, I knew there have to be a case of them buried somewhere. I was able to get a signal with the coil 3 feet off the ground. So from that, i kind of learned that a good cache should give a pretty good signal even with the coil raised high

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/today-s-finds/383462-pro_my-first-crazy-cache.html

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
could be that buried jar of coins, could be junk, still only one way to find out for sure.
Yes like …dirtlooter said only one way to find out .."DIG".. And do not forget the reason your pinpointed did not go off is it does not have the depth your detector has..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread