SADS 669

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2013
Long Island, Bahamas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark....Aqua pulse 1B....Equinox ll
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
As a newbie to Metal detecting last year I bought a Tesoro Tiger Shark from Fletch because I saw that Aquanut used one and even though I should have informed one and interrogated the other I went ahead and purchased it. Oops....even though it is and was a great machine it made me bonkers on wet sand and underwater.......it's a predominantly fresh water machine duh.... ( maybe because it's named after a salt water fish? no I still should have checked, oh well)

Now this is the good bit...........Danglangley saw my cry for help on the site and because his Tesoro Sand Shark is making him bonkers because of its lack of discrimination he asked if I wanted to swap? So a fed ex bill later for each of us and we NOW have the machines we should.

The wonderful thing about this site is the fact that ( mostly) everyone takes their fellow posters at face value and neither Dang or I had ever met on the site but a common need built up a level of trust which is great in this often sad world we live in. So treasure net certainly did me proud and Langley reckons he was metal detecting in the garden of his 91 yr old house with my ex machine as soon as he got it and found two great new signals.....cool.

Upvote 0

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Great story! I sold one of my detectors to another member and have had complete success in doing some business together! No financing and no banks! Great experience!

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad that worked out! When you bought the tiger on eBay from me and I shipped it I had no idea you were intending on using it for diving in the Bahamas. If I remember the shipping address was somewhere in central/south Florida and I assumed you were going to use it in freshwater lakes. My apologies!

OP
OP
SADS 669

SADS 669

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2013
Long Island, Bahamas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Glad that worked out! When you bought the tiger on eBay from me and I shipped it I had no idea you were intending on using it for diving in the Bahamas. If I remember the shipping address was somewhere in central/south Florida and I assumed you were going to use it in freshwater lakes. My apologies!

No apology necessary, i thought it would work anyway. It's all worked out great and you were a star to sell it at the price you did.

All the best

BVI Hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 8, 2013
VIRGIN ISLANDS
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
AT Pro
SEA HUNTER 2
Garrett Pro Pointer
Ghost Amphibian Headphones
Vibra Probe 580
Vibra Tector 730
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Every one seems to be happy in the end!
Well done all concerned!

As for the lack of research Kevin, that's why you were part of the special needs group and not special forces! :laughing7:

OP
OP
SADS 669

SADS 669

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2013
Long Island, Bahamas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Every one seems to be happy in the end! Well done all concerned! As for the lack of research Kevin, that's why you were part of the special needs group and not special forces! :laughing7:

Still am.

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This site is awesome. I lurked here for probably a year before getting back into MD'ing. I learned SO much; more than I would have ever learned by trial and error on my own.

I've also had two items correctly identified here. I find this site just as addictive as treasure hunting and I'm very thankful for it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread