Greenie
Jan 12, 2014
GTA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4
Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My Fisher F4 is giving me weird false signals. Example: Its giving me a high tone and out pops a newer bottle cap. I was under the impression bottle caps give low-medium tons not a 75+. I don't really use the Manual ground balancing feature on the F4 because of the horribly explained manual doesn't do its deed in helping me.

Anyways is there something I am missing? a setting i have turned on or off? its not only bottle caps that give high tons, Pull tabs will too or a pop can.

Thanks, Derek

Upvote 0

SavageHunter

May 29, 2013
Kansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Minelab Xterra 705, Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The DD coil will give a high tone on bottle caps, but if you raise the coil slightly, you should start to get a broken signal. A coin will remain constant. Also, all detectors will give a high tone on a pop can, but again raise your coil and if you still get a signal after your coil is 7-12 inches above the ground, you know you got something big like a can.

OP
OP
D

dRyken

Greenie
Jan 12, 2014
GTA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4
Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks! Went to the beach today and I guess condensation got in the detector now it is going all crazy. Its like beeping and Iding metals when I am holding it way in the air. I am not around any Hydro fields or anything it hasn't detected before. It will cost me 70 dollars to ship it for warranty..

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Try new batteries and/or give it a chance to dry before sending it off.
luvsdux

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread