Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I see that Bart at Big Boys Hobby can not keep the new pin pointer the ..XPointer ..in stock so a lot must be using them … Well you can not beat the price for a well built pinpointed that's for sure But what i have seen on you tube the whites TRX has more depth than .Garrett . Minelab . and the ..XPointer.. But i would say for the money you can not beat the XPointer….. I just do not under stand why the XPointer being a PI why it is not deeper ?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
After your post I looked it up. Maybe it's just me but it sure looks cheap...like something bounty Hunter would build. Just my first impression...

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Get the TRX. For a few extra bucks you won't find a deeper more dependable pointer with all the bells and whistles.

OP
OP
Keppy

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Get the TRX. For a few extra bucks you won't find a deeper more dependable pointer with all the bells and whistles.
From what i saw the TRX gets more depth than all others

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see that Bart at Big Boys Hobby can not keep the new pin pointer the ..XPointer ..in stock so a lot must be using them … Well you can not beat the price for a well built pinpointed that's for sure But what i have seen on you tube the whites TRX has more depth than .Garrett . Minelab . and the ..XPointer.. But i would say for the money you can not beat the XPointer….. I just do not under stand why the XPointer being a PI why it is not depere ?

In this case I think the PI means Probably inadequate

OP
OP
Keppy

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
After your post I looked it up. Maybe it's just me but it sure looks cheap...like something bounty Hunter would build. Just my first impression...
No the XPointer is a very well made pointer like the Garrett, Minelab & White's.. a very solid detector..

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Plus it's not made in China.

gsxraddict

Sep 21, 2005
Resaca, GA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800, Whites V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
No the XPointer is a very well made pointer like the Garrett, Minelab & White's.. a very solid detector..

if it's very well made like the Garrett, then we're in trouble.

if it's made like Minelab and White's then it's a great deal.

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT Explorer XS Tesoro Vaq t2se x705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if it's very well made like the Garrett, then we're in trouble.

if it's made like Minelab and White's then it's a great deal.
I was about to write the same thing. I've had two garretts crap out. I also have the minelab and whites and have had no problem what so ever with either. BTW I prefer the white's.

mrwilburino

May 7, 2010
Northern Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Teknetics, Minelab, XP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The fact that the X-pointer is earning a reputation for not falsing may offer a clue as to why this PI doesn't go deeper. Looks like Deteknix childproofed it by not giving it a fully adjustable sensitivity control. Sooner or later someone will open one up and mod it; then we’ll see what it can do.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread