Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's what I'm looking for.

I have some gel knee pads that I bought from Lowes about 10 years ago. They worked for the job I was on, but they hurt to wear after a while, and they don't fasten well. If I get them tight enough to hold on, they hurt when I kneel - If I loosen them to a reasonable comfort-level, they slip.

Any advice and comments are welcome. What do you folks use? :icon_scratch:

Upvote 0

mikeraydj

Bronze Member
May 19, 2014
Montana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Deteknix X-Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
These are what I use. Got them as a birthday present. Feels like kneeling on pillows.
WP_20140826_002.jpg
Made by Tommyco. Found at kneepads.com.

hammer0419

Aug 20, 2014
OC NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The absolute best knee pads made are the Black Diamond Telekneesis. Expensive but outstanding. I use these big game hunting. I have worn them while carrying a 60lb backpack for miles and miles through wilderness.

Coconutman

Tenderfoot
Sep 18, 2014
Mindanao
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Try a good double backed tape placed inside pads. This works on thin material like khakis. No straps needed. I cant stand anything rubbing the back of my knees.

tcornel

Aug 11, 2011
NE Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, 17" & 6" coils, Equinox 800, Propointer AT, Stealth 920i, Lesche Sampson and digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use them also. Trimmed off part of the top to fit my knee. The only issue I have is the straps keep falling off when not being used.

I like these

View attachment 1040110

I got mine at the Home Depot

only downside the Straps can bust if you're as Rough with things as I am.

so I bought a few packs of straps for emergencies

Tool Country USA | Quality Tile Installation Tools and Supplies, Power Tools, Hand Tools, Shop Tools, Building Tools

using the same pads 10 years or more

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have no idea about the brand of mine, or even where they came from. I bought some used dredging gear and it had 2 sets of knee pads that I have been using for years for detecting. They are cloth covered foam with a hard white plastic front, bottom strap is solid and the top is elastic. They use a button-hook type of fastener. Never falls, doesn't hurt the back of my knee, protects great, easy on and off.

I wish I knew where they were from because I would to be able to replace them when they do finally break.

James/Texas

Mar 6, 2008
Edinburg, Texas
Detector(s) used
Many. A lot. Whole bunch. Several.
I use these. On my second pair in 5 years. I have many hours of use on them. They are comfortable! I am a big guy at just under 300 lbs but they fit around my leg with jeans on. The single, wide strap goes under the crease behind the knee. I do not like the ones with two straps. After many uses, the Velcro will begin to lose it's gripping power, but that is common. The price is right too.
Shop AWP Non-Marring Polyester-Cap Knee Pads at Lowes.com=

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread