Which Fisher detector advise needed please.

steveo40

May 10, 2014
Hello, I am now in the market for a new Fisher detector. I currently use the Garrett AT pro and like it very much. I live in indiana so no salt water here and mostly coin hunter but jewelry is always nice. Ground balance here is usually between 80 and 85. I have never water hunted but I will someday for sure. The reason I am looking at Fisher is I won a 50% off factory voucher for any fisher detector. I would like a machine that would compliment the at pro . I was considering the cz3d due to the different type of technology. I would like some input from the fisher users on what are the detector that might fit my type of hunting. Thank you

Upvote 0

collision

Jul 14, 2014
Temecula
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Reputable brands that seem to be popular with people who do well in the hobby are Garrett, Tesoro, Fisher, Whites and Minelab.

OP
OP
S

steveo40

May 10, 2014
I guess I wasn't real clear in what I am asking. My son won a coupon from Fisher through our local club that is good for 50% off any new fisher detector. We use Garrett AT pro and would like to use the coupon to get a fisher detector that compliments the At pro. Any opinions?

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd get the F75 three coil package. None of the other Fishers impress me much.

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
For coins and jewelry, the F5 or F70. The F19 is a relic machine. The Cadillac F75 won't compliment your AT Pro, it would probably replace it.

jojobama

Aug 22, 2014
south alabama
Detector(s) used
fisher
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
love my f 5 has me in 1st. place in the sahrara club in south al. check out my finds at sahrara.com on our newsletter

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PM Casper - He is one of the best and he uses Fisher.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For coins and jewelry, the F5 or F70. The F19 is a relic machine. The Cadillac F75 won't compliment your AT Pro, it would probably replace it.
That sounds like the ultimate compliment to me! :laughing7: Why get something worse than what you have? Now's a good time for him to step up a bit since he's getting 50% off. Besides, the F75 is a better relic machine. Heck, I'd buy one with that discount and I'm not a die hard Fisher fan!

Last edited:

Cool Hand Fluke

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2006
In the Heart of Wine Country in Northern Californi
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ6, CZ5, Coinstrike, Fisher CZ20, Fisher 1235X, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites Surfmaster P.I. ,
, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'd go with the older Los Banos Fisher's. The older analog machines like the CZ5 or the CZ6 manufactured in the 1990's. More stable, goes deeper, no EMI.

Attachments

• cz5.jpg
    cz5.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 491

Hookedondetecting

Jul 18, 2013
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Tesoro COMPADRE and Mohave
ORX and Deus II
Fisher F 75 LTD "2"
Minelab 600
Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Makro Multi Kruzer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you go with the F 75 make sure it is an SE (Limited Edition) comes with two coils - regular and 5" sniper also they give you the coil protection covers.
If too much cash for your budget get the F 70 very similar.
Or then the F 5- less money yet but very good machine.

Last edited:

mikeraydj

Bronze Member
May 19, 2014
Montana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Deteknix X-Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I agree. I would get the most bang out of that 50% off coupon. F75 all the way.

bungyboy

Aug 22, 2014
Southeast of Disorder
Detector(s) used
CZ-70
Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I run a cz70. Find out what the "modern" equivilent is. I operate it at the lowest sensitivity to hunt around metal pipes, rebar, etc. and pull coins from ten inches down. Ground balances easy. I use the small coil in trash and pull out buffalos. Wouldn't trade or upgrade for the world. Everyone elses mileage may vary.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread