jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No Thanks, Too Heavy, Too Bulky, Too Narrow For Large Relics. May Scratch a Valuable Coin, If slightly off on pinpointing, won't work in Rocky, Rooty Areas. I'll keep My Trawl .? In My opinion, Just a Get Rich Quick Scheem. I guess they'd be alright on a Golf Course, & you want to take your time at each dig

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It looks like one of those weed puller thingeys you see on TV with the handle cut off. May be ok in grassy areas with loose soil but I bet a 1/2" tree root would hang it up? I use a garden spade and a Mauser bayonet!

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Pretty sure you can get one in the garden section at Home Depot or Menards for less. But yep, potential for damage to target is too great.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Omnicognic, would you believe it's a Turk Mauser bayonet? I collect old military bolt action rifles and I had a spare bayonet with one of my Turks. I sharpened up the "cutting" side and with it I can dig and probe about a foot deep. It's real good for roots too.

cedarratt

Nov 14, 2004
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
The penny was added later dirt on its dry. looks like it was made from some cheap pipe and rebar. I think it should work. Looks kinda like the graden claw, if you have ever seen one of those. I think the round spikes on the bottom should be sharp on one side to help in the plug cutting process.

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like something on an info-mercial at 3:00 am! Sold by Ronson or the like!

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does the term "Weed Weasel" ring a bell or is 3:00 AM before your heart starts beating? ;D

spotz

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2005
Stanfield, Oregon
I agree! Looks like too much potential to damage your find. Concept is ok but it looks just a little to rough. Could be totally wrong though. Iwill not however be investing in one to try it out. Spotz

OP
OP
KevGA

KevGA

Jul 12, 2004
St. Louis, MO
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Garrett ACE 250
I agree all around, I thought that it was questionable but thought I'd ask. Thanks for the input, everyone!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions