Interesting past finds, MUST mean theres more out there....

BVI Hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 8, 2013
VIRGIN ISLANDS
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
AT Pro
SEA HUNTER 2
Garrett Pro Pointer
Ghost Amphibian Headphones
Vibra Probe 580
Vibra Tector 730
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Interesting past finds, MUST mean there's more out there....

Some interesting finds from time gone by....

10 Fascinating Amateur Metal-Detector Finds | National Geographic Channel

10 Fascinating Amateur Metal-Detector Finds

Remarkable and Intriguing Discoveries From the U.S. and Canada

By Patrick J. Kiger
Published Sept. 13, 2012
1946—Underground Stolen Money: Using a mine detector borrowed from the U.S. Army, postal inspectors uncovered $153,150 buried in the backyard of a deceased postal employee who had stolen the money years before. The loot had been stashed in jars and cans inside a length of stovepipe, and buried nine feet below the surface.

1952—Uncovering Pirate Treasure: Massachusetts-based treasure hunter Edward Rowe Snow, on a visit to a small island off the coast of Nova Scotia, used a metal detector and old charts to find eight 18th-Century Spanish doubloons and parts of a skeleton that was still clutching the coins in its hand. The treasure was believed to have come from a Spanish galleon captured by pirates in 1725.

1966—Lost Gold Mine: In Texas, a group of treasure hunters using metal detectors reported that they had rediscovered the lost San Saba gold mine, which had been abandoned by the Spaniards in 1758 when they were overrun by Comanche Indians.

1966—Buried Model T: In Detroit, a group of people, includinga man wielding a metal detector, unearthed what appeared to be a Model T Ford that a man had buried in his backyard back in 1926, to preserve it for posterity.

1974—High School Lost & Found: In Florida, metal detector enthusiast Roy Lloyd found a 1926 high school class ring with the initials “M.B.” in four inches of lake-bottom sand. He eventually located the ring’s owner, Miles Baker, who had lost it 48 years before at the city’s pier.

1974/1975—Conspiracy Fuel: Richard H. Lester, an amateur treasure hunter, used a metal detector to find a bullet on railroad property in Dallas, near the area where President John F. Kennedy was assassinated. The FBI eventually determined that the bullet was of a different type than those known to have been fired by alleged assassin Lee Harvey Oswald.

1976—Live Ammo Near the Schoolyard: In Alabama, metal-detecting enthusiast James Garigues, who was searching near a middle school for old coins, found a live .75 millimeter tank shell, which officials believed may have been a World War II souvenir. The shell was successfully removed by a military demolition crew.

1984—Battle Wounds: An archaeology volunteer wielding a metal detector found a finger bone wearing a ring at Little Bighorn, where Lt. Col. George Custer’s troops were wiped out by the Sioux in 1876.

1997—Confederate Shell: In Virginia, two young boys using a metal detector unearthed a live Confederate Army artillery shell in their grandfather’s backyard.

2008—Golden Chalice: Mike DeMar, diving off Key West, got a hit on his metal detector that turned out to be a gold chalice from a Spanish treasure ship that sank in 1622.

Upvote 0

mrwilburino

May 7, 2010
Northern Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Teknetics, Minelab, XP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sept 1st, 2014 - During a three hour hunt in a public park, a man using a $2500 metal detector discovers $0.46 in clad and an old house key. :angry9:

OP
OP
BVI Hunter

BVI Hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 8, 2013
VIRGIN ISLANDS
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
AT Pro
SEA HUNTER 2
Garrett Pro Pointer
Vibra Probe 580
Vibra Tector 730
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sept 1st, 2014 - During a three hour hunt in a public park, a man using a $2500 metal detector discovers $0.46 in clad and an old house key. :angry9:

WHAT! and National Geographic left you off the list? :dontknow:

Sheez - what is the world coming to.....:laughing7:

OWK

Apr 26, 2014
North Central Md
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, F75
Garrett Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IGotARock-CharlieBrownHalloween.jpg

I got a rock.

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
2014 - BVI Hunter finds unbelievably awesome stuff every time he dives and makes the rest of us want to chuck our detectors and take up knitting to pass the the time. ;)

OP
OP
BVI Hunter

BVI Hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 8, 2013
VIRGIN ISLANDS
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
AT Pro
SEA HUNTER 2
Garrett Pro Pointer
Vibra Probe 580
Vibra Tector 730
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
2014 - BVI Hunter finds unbelievably awesome stuff every time he dives and makes the rest of us want to chuck our detectors and take up knitting to pass the the time. ;)

Even I don't make the list ! :laughing7:

OP
OP
BVI Hunter

BVI Hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 8, 2013
VIRGIN ISLANDS
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
AT Pro
SEA HUNTER 2
Garrett Pro Pointer
Vibra Probe 580
Vibra Tector 730
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm gonna post my amazing collection of bottle caps and rusty nails.......:thumbsup:

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As cool as all ten of those finds are, I believe only 4 of them would make banner on TNet.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread