Zombi

Tenderfoot
Aug 29, 2014
Columbus, OH.
Detector(s) used
White's Eagle I, Garrett AT Pro, White's Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Finally, after a long time trying to track down the owner of this really old property, he gave me permission to hunt! Couldn't be more excited! It's a house here in central Ohio that was built in 1853, a huge old homestead that I'm pretty sure has never been hunted before. The property has been in the family for over 50 years and they've never had anyone detect on the land. The owner couldn't have been cooler either, since he was an Anthropology major in his younger years. His only requirement was to let him know if I find anything cool. I'll let everyone know how it goes! I'm going to hit it this weekend, and hopefully pull out some amazing silver and relics. Keep you posted!! 8-)

Upvote 0

McClod

Jun 14, 2013
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett Pro Pointer and Whites TRX Pin Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Can't wait to see your finds! Good luck!!!

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
How exciting!!! Betcha there are some goodies there. Can't wait to see what you find.

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
find something cool and make his day, he made yours, good luck

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
When I got lots to hunt, I make sure that my early targets are dug and recovered cleanly, so that in the days following, your permission wont back out due to sloppy plugs. Good luck, and IF it hasn't been hunted, take your time, dig every target. Good luck.

bootybandit

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2014
San Diego
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21,
Tecnetics Omega 8000,
T-Rex 9.5"
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good Luck! Can't wait to see the finds!

OP
OP
Zombi

Zombi

Tenderfoot
Aug 29, 2014
Columbus, OH.
Detector(s) used
White's Eagle I, Garrett AT Pro, White's Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks everyone! Also, another development is I just got permission to search the remaining original property owned by the neighboring church. So, I've got about 8 acres now! Great stuff should be coming out of the ground soon. Thanks for the advice everyone! I'll be heading out soon, and I'll update with finds.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just have a firm understanding between you and the owner as to who gets to keep what. I'm not saying to shove a written contract under his nose, but, something verbal should suffice for now. After the first day, split up any finds according to your agreement. That way you'll know if he will live up to his end and can be trusted to continue the effort. You'd hate to spend a week of hard labor there only to find he wants to keep EVERYTHING. Offer to return anything he KNOWS he lost on the property in exchange for you keeping the rest. That will usually be enough to keep them happy. Many times I will just give them a common wheatie or two, or maybe a relic that has no value to me, just to sweeten the relationship.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread