Think this would work?

HenryWaltonJonesJr

Sep 2, 2013
Downtown Chicago
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, AT Pro, Compadre, SeaHunter II, AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not that I'm anti social, but I hunt a lot of urban areas and answering questions and being cordial can take up a lot of my limited hunt time. I was trying to think of something that'd at least make people think twice before approaching yet still have some humor. Think it would work?

lp.jpg

lp (1).jpg

Upvote 0

mr helton

May 20, 2013
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
White's Spectrum XLT
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guarantee that one of the two will happen:

1) They don't notice the shirt and talk to you about detecting.

2) They read the shirt, and ignore it by trying to tell you they like the shirt.

:laughing7:

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
HWJJ just lighten up you will always have people wanting to talk to you. Well, not always, its very rare for me. I like little kids, five, six, seven eight years old, kids they are awesome, if you got one, you got three or four or more and they all want your clad and pennys they want it they want it they want it THEY FRIKIN WANT IT!!!!. They make it tough to retrieve the target, they all want to get in there and plow there dirty germ infecting fingers thru the plug and find it and I say "HEY get back and let me do my magic and they back off but it dont last long so I start to "accidentally" bang my coil into their tender little shins and they go "OW!!" and I say "sorry! just keep your distance" and they do until I get another zincky target and start to dig it and they all go wacky trying to find it and I say "get back, let me do my magic" again and again and again and sometimes I find a rust red clad quarter and I give it to my favorite little shart bag of the bunch and then it gets ugly, everybody is upset and they start to go all frikin wacky and say "CAN I HAVE THE NEXT ONE CAN I HAVE THE NEXT ONE CAN I HAVE THE NEXT ONE CAN I HAVE THE NEXT ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! then I cant take it anymore so I speak up and say "Hey kids!, see that big dumb lookin' slob way over there? (as I point at him) He's my cordial friendly tectin partner and he finds TONS of stuff and he gives it ALL to kids just like you!!!!!! and they run their snotty nose little arses over to my buddy FULL BORE like a race. That guy is an ex hunting buddy nowadays. Sometimes the police will approach you but they are smart, like adults, and they can tell that you can hear them even when you try to "fool" them with headphones. Discover night hunting.

Last edited:

mouseman60

Jul 9, 2014
Detector(s) used
Mxt pro
No, you bend over to much your headphone cord , and metal detector cover it , and you don't stand around looking pretty. It would turn more into a work shirt than a look at me shirt.

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I made the local paper once. I was detecting the ball field at our local high school and a reporter drove by. He snapped a picture of me kneeling with my old Tesoro and holding a quarter that I just found. Other than that, I rarely get pestered. I have to agree with Gleaner though. You need to roll with it, HWJJ. Remember that each and every one of us are ambassadors for our hobby. We're all friends on here, right? Extend that to the curious public, and I think it will return to us in spades.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Someone in the past suggested 'BOMB DISPOSAL SQUAD" Frank...- five star.png
Perhaps adding this will help also.
skull etc 013-1-platinum_edited-3.jpg

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
HWJJ just lighten up you will always have people wanting to talk to you. Well, not always, its very rare for me. I like little kids, five, six, seven eight years old, kids they are awesome,.
I like your shirt but i like Frankn's better … And gleaner1 i am one of many that can not stand kids .. To me they are just a pain in the rear…...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread