Mar 15, 2008
Fort Worth, TX
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is a couple of old pics I dug out. I always get a laugh out of them. A few years ago a construction company tore down an entire block of historical homes...of course we were all over it and hunted it to death. After the finds got slim one of my hunting partners "buddied" up to the foreman and asked if we could bring my tractor and re-scrape some lots and push some dirt around...to my amazement he said "go ahead, tear it up, we're re-grading this entire area anyway". So we set up a day and loaded the tractor....word spread fast...as you can see from the photos it looked like a mini club hunt. I didn't even know some of the people that showed up! We scraped and scraped. Only found a couple of Benningtons an Indian head and an eagle button but it sure was fun!

IMG_0123edit.jpg IMG_0121.JPG

Upvote 0
OP
OP
garren

garren

Mar 15, 2008
Fort Worth, TX
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've gotta hard hat. Can I come too??!

mr helton

May 20, 2013
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
White's Spectrum XLT
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd been all over that too!

Full moon tonight, and downtown Detroit, with the tearing up of Woodward for lightrail construction..lotsa history in that dirt..dangit where's my hardhat and orange vest..gotta blend in. :laughing7::headbang:

Mike

woah I did not know this was happening! I work very close to detroit

Jeremy S

Feb 27, 2012
God's Country
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 250, AT Pro, Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have been hunting some sidewalk tear-outs and construction sites in town and have yet to see anyone else detecting! Often the ground the fresh dug/scraped with no footprints from others when I get to it late in the afternoon.

Too bad the public construction projects are all wrapping up for the season :-(

Those guys in your pics are all hunting pretty close to each other!

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am only 1 1/2 hours away from Detroit can I come also

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL
I can see why you didn't find much.
Coils Size had to hamper covering it all no matter how many were there.
plus you's looked a little bit to close to each other.
of course with such tiny coils, it may have been a plus.

anywho

Cool Pics :thumbsup:

OP
OP
garren

garren

Mar 15, 2008
Fort Worth, TX
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL
I can see why you didn't find much.
Coils Size had to hamper covering it all no matter how many were there.
plus you's looked a little bit to close to each other.
of course with such tiny coils, it may have been a plus.

anywho

Cool Pics :thumbsup:

True...I think they could have gone up a coil size....the whole point of me scraping was to get rid of a few inches of dirt and the trash layer...However, They had really hammed these lots with the little coils in the weeks leading up to these pics. They cleaned house too. Lots of good stuff was plucked from the debris. I love these little coils on a fresh scrape for picking through the trash and nails then I like to go back with a larger coil after the cleanup work is done.

This was a couple of years ago...nowadays every construction site we come across is high fenced! :(

madforclad

May 7, 2014
Hunting previously pounded sites
Detector(s) used
Minelab eTrac, Minelab X Terra 705, Garrett AT Pro with 5" x 8" coil, Fisher F2, Garrett Pro Pointer, RTG 710 Scoop.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This was a couple of years ago...nowadays every construction site we come across is high fenced! :([/QUOTE]

Yep...tons of construction going on close to where I live right now. In fact, it's like the entire City is going through a revitalization. Old sites and sidewalks being torn up everywhere. Problem is every site is fenced in and guarded by private security companies at night. I just know they are scraping up all kinds of goodies and trucking them away. I have asked, but they will not tell you where they are dumping the soil. Usually it's a lot that is maintained by the City and also under tight control. Sigh!!

Dagger Woods

Apr 29, 2014
Nova Scotia
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro Int'l
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep...tons of construction going on close to where I live right now. In fact, it's like the entire City is going through a revitalization. Old sites and sidewalks being torn up everywhere. Problem is every site is fenced in and guarded by private security companies at night. I just know they are scraping up all kinds of goodies and trucking them away. I have asked, but they will not tell you where they are dumping the soil. Usually it's a lot that is maintained by the City and also under tight control. Sigh!!

Sounds typically Canadian... "We'd rather throw it away than let YOU have any fun with it!"

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So thats what the enemy looks like...

haha..Thats Great...I found some recently scraped land not far from there just today...The workers were out today, Hopefully no one beats me too it by day break tomorrow

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread