Wireless Headphones

madforclad

May 7, 2014
Hunting previously pounded sites
Detector(s) used
Minelab eTrac, Minelab X Terra 705, Garrett AT Pro with 5" x 8" coil, Fisher F2, Garrett Pro Pointer, RTG 710 Scoop.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mods: If this is in the wrong forum I apoligize and please feel free to move.

Just wondering if anyone is using wireless headphones, and if so how do you find them? Also what brand model would be recommended for MDing? The TDK WR700 seem to have good reviews as they do not have any serious lag time, however TDK have discontinued that model. Thanks.

Upvote 0

DDancer

Bronze Member
Mar 25, 2014
Traveling US to work
Detector(s) used
Current Equinox 600
Past Whites DFX Garret GTI 2500 and others
Prospecting Minelab GPZ 7000
Past SD 2100 GP 3000 (retired)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are quite a few people here who have cut the wire ;) I cant recommend a specific brand, I use a model that was discontinued years ago, but if your looking for price check out 2.4 ghz wireless headphones. There is no lag associated with them as there is with blue tooth wireless. One member here has even built his own radio frequency wireless and its fairly inexpensive.

Indian Steve

Silver Member
Oct 23, 2011
Stuart VA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm using Auvio 33 283 wireless from Radio Shack. Discontinued but can occasionally be found on ebay.

James/Texas

Mar 6, 2008
Edinburg, Texas
Detector(s) used
Many. A lot. Whole bunch. Several.
I am using the Auvio 33-283. I did a mod on them. I cut the ear buds off and put a female 1/8 jack so I could use what headphones I want. I put the receiver and extra cord in my pocket. I like this a lot. They work great. This model is also discontinued but they can be found and I thin there are different models available.

OP
OP
madforclad

madforclad

May 7, 2014
Hunting previously pounded sites
Detector(s) used
Minelab eTrac, Minelab X Terra 705, Garrett AT Pro with 5" x 8" coil, Fisher F2, Garrett Pro Pointer, RTG 710 Scoop.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everyone for the information. So it appears that there is not anything currently out there that would be considered good. Every model that has been recommended so far seems to be discontinued.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
On a Garrett 350 I,m using Rapoo H3070 headphones with an additional volume control, (The phones have their own) attached to shaft and plugged into transmitter plugged into headphone plug of detector. The volume control,(mine is an under ten dollar Koss ) tempers the input ,best I can explain it. The idea is from others using them. Don,t feel I,m missing anything due to headphone brand but have not used others either..

Last edited:

Turbo21

Bronze Member
Jun 24, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eurotek pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought this setup on eBay last night for cheap

Plan on velcroing the receiver on the detector

We shall see how it works

Bob

Ism

Jun 17, 2009
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
Whites TDI
Minelab Sovereign GT
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just wondering if anyone is using wireless headphones, and if so how do you find them? Also what brand model would be recommended for MDing? The TDK WR700 seem to have good reviews as they do not have any serious lag time, however TDK have discontinued that model. Thanks.

I have a set of TDK that I would let go for a fair offer. They are virtually new as I didn't like the fit on my head.
However I recommend the Rapoo's H3070's mentioned by Releventchair.
They function the same as the TDK's but have a much smaller dongle and the headset is feather light.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread