What are the best metal detectors to find meteors in norway??

Seb1929

Sep 14, 2014
Norway
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey.

I want to buy i metal detector that i can use in the woods in Norway to find meteors. Should i get a VLF or PI detector? The nature in Norway is dens trees and large boulders right under the surface. I want to search around 50cm to 150cm down in the ground.

My budget is $1500-$1700 for the metal detector and a 15-20 inch coil.
Please help me find the right detector (:

Upvote 0

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In that price range, my choice would be a Fisher F75. You can get a 12x15 butterfly coil or a 15" round for it. I might also consider the Garrett Infinium LS. It's a PI machine so not much in the way of discrimination, but it's advantage is it's waterproof, and virtually unaffected by ground mineralization.

OP
OP
S

Seb1929

Sep 14, 2014
Norway
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
In that price range, my choice would be a Fisher F75. You can get a 12x15 butterfly coil or a 15" round for it. I might also consider the Garrett Infinium LS. It's a PI machine so not much in the way of discrimination, but it's advantage is it's waterproof, and virtually unaffected by ground mineralization.

Will these detectors search 50cm - 150cm down in the ground?

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
would have to be a fairly good chunk of iron meteorite to hit it at 150cm, as that's just under 5 feet. is this just a random search or did you witness a large fireball ? I've never used a pulse induction before but that would probably work for there shouldn't be much trash out there. but at 150cm you may want to look into a two box type detector, I know those can hit some pretty decent depth.

Mike

OP
OP
S

Seb1929

Sep 14, 2014
Norway
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
would have to be a fairly good chunk of iron meteorite to hit it at 150cm, as that's just under 5 feet. is this just a random search or did you witness a large fireball ? I've never used a pulse induction before but that would probably work for there shouldn't be much trash out there. but at 150cm you may want to look into a two box type detector, I know those can hit some pretty decent depth.

Mike
Would the garrett gti 2500 with the 2 box depth multiplier be good you think?

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Will these detectors search 50cm - 150cm down in the ground?
If the meteorite is big enough, yes. 50cm would be no problem on a 50mm sized target or bigger. For something 150cm deep, it would have to be huge. A two box detector would find the big and deep meteorites but there again, it would have to be a huge chunk of rock! A two box won't find the small ones though. It would have to be a soda can or bigger for those to be effective.

OP
OP
S

Seb1929

Sep 14, 2014
Norway
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If the meteorite is big enough, yes. 50cm would be no problem on a 50mm sized target or bigger. For something 150cm deep, it would have to be huge. A two box detector would find the big and deep meteorites but there again, it would have to be a huge chunk of rock! A two box won't find the small ones though. It would have to be a soda can or bigger for those to be effective.
Okay thank you thats all i need to know :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread