Jan 2, 2005
Western PA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm luckier than most, I suppose, in that I can detect pretty much whenever I want in the summer because of my job (I'm a teacher), but now that school has started back up I've only been out twice in the past month and it's killing me!

How often and/or for how long do you usually get out?

Upvote 0

Sharpshovel

Sep 11, 2014
Got a girlfriend 3 months ago. So hardly ever but trust me when it gets good and cold out, she coming with! Lol

Eagle101

Jul 22, 2012
New England
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett AT Gold,
Garrett AT Pro. Makro racer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I get out 3 days a week. Saturday, Sunday and Monday morning. The other 4 days I'm at work thinking of getting out.

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have more time, so I try and go out 2-3 times a week.

When I was working more, I would just ditch work all the time and detect. I was dedicated, but just not at work (just kidding) :laughing7: .

Bejamble

Oct 2, 2013
Guam
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Excal II, Fisher 1280X, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Usually I can manage 10 hours or so a week, sometimes more, sometimes less. My work schedule is off and on.

DigginDownUnder

May 20, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I get out about three times a week.

I start and finish work early, so I have a few hours while the kids are in school to get out most days.

jimzz977

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a 8 to 4 job and I go out on Sundays for 5 hrs since no body at the parks that time

mouseman60

Jul 9, 2014
Detector(s) used
Mxt pro
When the feeling is right and know one mess things up. Think about it everybody is different and no body goes at it 24-7.

Jesse James

Mar 14, 2012
Lancaster County, PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow. This question has got my attention for a particular reason. The summer of 12' and 13' I was out almost every day, putting in about 15 hrs or so a week, and on the weekends with my father. Unfortunately my father passed away this February. This summer has been a struggle without him. I really bombed this summer. I feel a strange guilt for not being out much. I'm hoping to be stronger next season and get back to it. I typically pull a good $50-$60 in clad and 10-15 silvers in a season. This year I was only out enough to pull $11 in clad and about 3 silvers. I know he wouldn't want me to let up so much, so I'm looking forward to stepping it back up next season and redeeming myself.

NiagracountyNY

May 17, 2009
Western New York
Detector(s) used
Nokta- Fors core / Makro--CF77 / Minelab CTX 3030 / XP deus /Velox 1 / RS PinPointer /Makro Waterproof PinPointer
Really sorry to hear about your dad Jesse.I hope you get back out there more next year.Dealing with a close family loss can really drain a person.Keep yer chin up,Dig deep and the silvers will flow.HH Buddy. Jim T

The Urban Prospector

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Wherever I am.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado,
Garrett AT Pro,
Minelab Excal II,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Nokta Legend,
Garrett Pro Pointer,
Garrett Pro Pointer AT,
Human eyes
Primary Interest:
Other
Self employed..... Every chance I get!

noble

Sep 21, 2010
gloucester
Detector(s) used
tesoro and lazers
being retired i can go out pretty much as i want to allowing for the weather that is and what mood im in

kezhk

Jun 1, 2014
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Full time job with 2 hour daily commute, part time student with weekend and night classes. Married and expecting father. Also no car.
I get out once a week- it's either there or the loony bin.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread