cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Tnet! You have a good machine to work with. It will take at least 100 hours before you'll be talking the same language and understand what the detector is telling you so be patient. I'd stick with the basic programs until you get some more field experience. If you don't have it already, get the Andy Sabisch book detailing how to set it up for the various hunting you will do. Good Luck!

RiverRat

Jun 30, 2012
Clearlake, N. California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Garrett Pro Pointer,Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome!....this is a fun hobby...one site I recently discovered is the local county fair grounds...We had our county fair a couple of weeks ago so I went about 2 days after the fair...got a couple of dollars in clad near the surface, but, to my surprise, there were lots of hits at deeper levels...so, obviously from previous fairs...I found a silver ring about 5" down and a really cool silver native american charm only about 2" down...have just started hitting the huge field where the rides were set up....it's fun!...and not so hunted out as the city parks...plus, not very much trash...a welcome change...

Ism

Jun 17, 2009
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
Whites TDI
Minelab Sovereign GT
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the forum.

OP
OP
F

fliermartin

Sep 11, 2014
southeast wisconsin
Detector(s) used
ATgold and Minelab Explorer II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea since I started to hunt this spring I've hunted one large park and an old lumber yard along an old railroad station. getting some neat relics at the lumberyard mostly railroad stuff but an enormous amount of trash to dig through there. Then there is an old city park. I've even been hitting some good silver there now that I'm learning a few things. Got 1 silver washington qtr, 4 merk dimes, 7 silver rosevelts and one 1905 barber dime. I've also got about 35 wheats and one 1883 indian head. The biggest thing is I'm having a hard time figuring out nickles with this machine problem may be the park its very low and wet think it may be altering signals I realy want to find a buffalo befor I need to put them away for the winter.

DirtWarrior

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Garrett AT Pro
Vulcan 360 Pin Pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wel-come aboard ... :icon_thumright:

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like you're doing just fine!

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I agree with cudamark! Get Andy Sabisch's book! It will cut the learning curve in half!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread