Best PI metal detector, 1 x 1 meter coil and a 13-18" coil?

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry Seb, I am with out computer and just saw this post.

A one meter coil is huge and think of all the trash that would be under it at any time. It would be a constant buzz. If you are thinking of using it to locate a cache which would be deep, you'll have to clean out the metal trash above it. A Tesoro Sand Shark is a great PI, but Tesoro doesn't make a coil that large. If going for a cache I'd suggest a Two-Box unit. This would only report on larger targets and ignore hairpins and .22 shells.

Good luck,
Sandman

OP
OP
S

Seb1929

Sep 14, 2014
Norway
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

A one meter coil is huge and think of all the trash that would be under it at any time. It would be a constant buzz. If you are thinking of using it to locate a cache which would be deep, you'll have to clean out the metal trash above it. A Tesoro Sand Shark is a great PI, but Tesoro doesn't make a coil that large. If going for a cache I'd suggest a Two-Box unit. This would only report on larger targets and ignore hairpins and .22 shells.

Good luck,
Sandman

Okay thank you very much, this will help me. I live in Norway and in our forrest is not alot of trash. Im going to use it to search for meteors. I will look at the Tesoro :).

OP
OP
S

Seb1929

Sep 14, 2014
Norway
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Good luck,
Sandman
I have looked on the Tesoro now and i dont think its for me. I need it to seach deaper and bigger coil.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh, so your budget got larger eh? Look into the Minelab GPX detectors. You might be able to find a used 4500, 4800, or with lots of luck, a 5000. You can get huge coils for those machines. You can forget about finding small meteorites with them however. Those machines will find very deep targets, if the targets are big enough.

cosmic

Dec 31, 2006
Watseka, Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Fors Core, X pointer, Sunrays
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check out "meteor men" .. Might get a idea...

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
What you are looking for is at Accurate Locators. Check out there site. The 2100 model PI comes with that coil and several others. They also sell blanket coils that can be used with it in 3' and 6' widths. Happy hunting. Frank five star.png

111-1 profile.jpg

Last edited:

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A Minelab GPX can be outfitted with some huge coils... expensive, but nothing performs like them at the present time.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions